Go to footer

Exhaust

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Exhaust

Postby coop » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:56 pm

Hi all
The cat back part of the exhaust broke in half so I got hold of a second hand exhaust to keep me going till I can get a new one but I have noticed the join where the back box meets the cat is blowing.

I got a pic of it to show what im on about and a pic of the join of the cat to the downpipe to show the difference.

I know the flange on the exhaust is bent but is the flange on the cat also bent? and if it is would I need to buy a new one to remedy it?
coop
Just Joined!

Re: Exhaust

Postby irlmin » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:03 am

I would think you might get away with a gasket and some exhaust 'putty' , it may make up the 'gap' worth a try .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Re: Exhaust

Postby coop » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:38 pm

Thanks Ger, ill try that, theres no gasket on it now as the old one fell apart.

I was the one talking to you on friday about a maniflow exhaust, Im without my car for 2-3 weeks at the moment so Ill contact you about one then
coop
Just Joined!

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help