Go to footer

Sap - be careful where you park!

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Sap - be careful where you park!

Postby langdang » Tue May 04, 2010 11:44 am

Just a reminder that trees that have been minding their own business all winter are now producing plenty of sap...
Didn't even think of it the other night when I parked up in town for a few hours, but next day there was spots of sap all over the car, came off easy enough but sometimes it can be a pain..
langdang
I'm becoming a MINI adict

Re: Sap - be careful where you park!

Postby Bawnee » Tue May 04, 2010 5:06 pm

Oh now.. How do you know a sap tree from a non sap tree??!! We wont mention Cherry Blossoms gorgeous flowers getting everywhere, or trees where birds roost!! :) So how can you get it off if you get caught out, since you've experienced it before, thanks!
Bawnee
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby langdang » Tue May 04, 2010 10:24 pm

Came off handy enough - warm water and Turtle wax car shampoo, bit of elbow grease.
We might have just been lucky that some trees less nasty sap than others, but which is which I don't know...
langdang
I'm becoming a MINI adict

Postby Bawnee » Tue May 04, 2010 10:38 pm

And no marks left behind!! Thanks.. Hopefully i wont get caught out, never say never! :) Yes trees, no botanists here! lol
Bawnee
I'm spending far too much time here

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help