Go to footer

So a package arrived today......

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

So a package arrived today......

Postby iwanagofast » Mon May 24, 2010 8:14 pm

So a little box arrived for me today and in it Grace found a 13% pulley and belt! I should have my braided lines and nitrac 12 groove discs to go with my r56 calipers by the time I get back from sea......Then it'll be time to save for a GP intercooler and a remap!
[img:321:240]http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t296/iwanagofast/MINI%20and%20focus/100_0300-1-1-1.jpg[/img]
iwanagofast
I'm spending far too much time here

Re: So a package arrived today......

Postby irlmin » Mon May 24, 2010 8:47 pm

Good stuff Rob , those mods will make the S 'fly' and STOP of course !!!!!!
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby MiniMpi » Tue May 25, 2010 1:19 am

Is that a typo or is it a 13% pulley you got Rob?
Thought it might be a 15% one no?
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby MiniMpi » Tue May 25, 2010 1:20 am

Well done on the purchases by the way!
I'll be going a similar route later on ;)
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Re: So a package arrived today......

Postby iwanagofast » Fri May 28, 2010 7:32 pm

Yeah its 13%, I don't want to go above that until I get a better (prob aGP) intercooler as you will prob lose power at the top of the rev range due to the extra heat, like having an open cone induction kit. The guy I got it off make some oem pulleys for other companies. Its a two piece one so if I want to go for a bigger or lower reduction I only have to order the outer piece. ( I would have just bought a 15% off Ger as if you're leaving it at that then no point a brand name inside the engine)

The other reason I got a 13% is because once you hit 15% you're at the stage where the supercharger starts to wear quicker. I'll be upgrading that to the teflon coated one at some stage.

There was a reason that JCW only did an 11% reduction, heat generation and wear on the supercharger.

Here's a link to the KAVS website if anyone is interested

http://www.kavsmotorsport.com/index.php
[img:321:240]http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t296/iwanagofast/MINI%20and%20focus/100_0300-1-1-1.jpg[/img]
iwanagofast
I'm spending far too much time here

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help