Go to footer

Cheapest 10" x 145 tyres??

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Cheapest 10" x 145 tyres??

Postby Blagadán » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:48 am

Good morning guys.

First post, first question.

I dont own a mini but I do have a touring trailer which has mini wheels. I'm looking for a source for cheap 10" X 145 tyres that will be suitable for this trailer. I just rang Rathcormac tyres in Cork and they have 10" tyres but at €45 a pop. I dont know if that is good or bad but TBH I can go to AR brownlowes and buy a 10" trailer wheel with fitted tyre for €48 so I'm humming and hawing about changing out the hubs and wheels and going for the regular trailer wheel set up....

I'd prefer just to fit 2 tyres to my mini wheels and be done without the fuss TBH.

So if any of you guys know of somewhere that keep 10" remould's or a source for second hand part worn 10" tyres, I'd appreciate it.

I'm living in Cork btw :thumbup:
Blag
Blagadán
Just Joined!

Re: Cheapest 10" x 145 tyres??

Postby Blagadán » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:55 am

I'm still searching.....

FYI...... Getting better..... just found an online price for €36 a pop delivered....

http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?d ... 0&dsco=124
Blagadán
Just Joined!

Postby irlmin » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:56 pm

That is a very good price , but remember you will have to get them fitted / balanced and most tyre shops charge € 15 to € 20 per tyre for this ,problem with the 10" tyres is that demand is so low that prices are high , you might have the option of 12" wheels / tyres if you have clearance , rolling radius in not much larger as the 12" tyre is 70 series and the normal 10" is 88 aspect ratio and in fact the rolling radius is quiet similar when I say clearance I mean inside the hub face as the offset of the 12 ' wheels are different to the 10's , there is no major problem getting decent 12" wheel / tyre sets secondhand and we usually have some , I can sort one to try if it helps on Monday .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby Blagadán » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:28 pm

On closer inspection of the wheels earlier today, I discovered some substantial rust on one. I'm not sure how good it would clean up with a wire wheel as there is some very serious rust bubbles (swelling) at the back of the rim. Replacement is probably a better and safer option.
I'm going to try around and see if I can get a better price on designated trailer wheels also for comparison.

Thanks for your offer G. Let me know what you have on Monday so if you would please.
Blagadán
Just Joined!

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help