Go to footer

Spots and Stripes

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Spots and Stripes

Postby maverick_no1 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:08 pm

Hi All,

New to the board, just looking for some info

Ive bought a Mini one 2008 and im looking to get some stripes and spots on it, i bought it in Conlons Rathangan and im in the Dublin/Kildare area could anyone give me the name of someone who would do the job for me??

Ive searched the board and cant find any answers!

Many Thanks
maverick_no1
Just Joined!

Re: Spots and Stripes

Postby irlmin » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:18 pm

We can sort it for you but I am afraid it would mean a trip to Cork , We normally stock the stripes in Black / White and there are several options re spotlamps .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby maverick_no1 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:40 pm

Im heading down to cork in July could in be done on a Sat???
maverick_no1
Just Joined!

Postby irlmin » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:51 pm

Sorry but we never open on Saturday , our opening hours are Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm ,
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby maverick_no1 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:12 pm

i might be able to get down during the week..would you know anyone up here that could do it?
maverick_no1
Just Joined!

Postby redS » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:58 pm

GOOGLE!!!
"Bend the rules, Rule the bends"
redS
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby maverick_no1 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:03 pm

ive used google which is a great tool, but i dont want to go to someone that will do a half arsed job..hense im on this board to talk to people that know people in the area
maverick_no1
Just Joined!

Postby Owen » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:00 am

It's worth coming to Cork to let Ger do it. Dealers charge almost 6/700 to fit spot lamps, and the OEM MINI ones are prone to rusting. Ger does stainless ones for a fraction of the price.
Owen
Founding Member & Site Admin

Re:

Postby Derfinn » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:26 pm

Owen wrote:It's worth coming to Cork to let Ger do it. Dealers charge almost 6/700 to fit spot lamps, and the OEM MINI ones are prone to rusting. Ger does stainless ones for a fraction of the price.

Was just going to say the same thing (well obviously not the bit about the rust! Or the dealer price -----HOW MUCH!)
Haven't need to get anything added to my car (yet!) - but when I do, it'll be an overnight down to Cork.
Best to get the car worked on by somebody who will treat it like their own, and who lives/breathes MiNis.
Derfinn

Postby maverick_no1 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:51 pm

sounds like its a trip to cork then!rang Conlons today €125 for the stripes they only have white i want silver and €450 for the spots!!
maverick_no1
Just Joined!

Postby redS » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:54 pm

Yip Ger is your man...ill be taking a spin down to him when i get the funds together for the aero kit and spots..if i have enough together healy will be getting some nice mods under the bonnet too bringing the horseys up to the 210 bhp area!! :)
No i havent forgot about brake upgrade..now where would i get a few handy €€€€€€????? ? ? ?
"Bend the rules, Rule the bends"
redS

Postby langdang » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:58 pm

One of the other options for spotlamps is Hella FF200s - Ger does these I think, as well as the "normal style" ones.
http://www.yellowandbluelighting.com/?T ... oductID=33
They come in chrome, off-white and a strange grey colour. Chrome is about twice the price of the grey or white!

Miriam's car has these and the beam is very good. They sit out a bit further than the "normal style" ones so they need stronger brackets than the standard ones but Ger would sort that for you I'm sure. It's worth getting the spots done by someone who will treat it as if it's their own - there's a bit of drilling to be done that might lead to rust problems down the line if a chancer did the job.

How did you get on with your thermostat?
langdang
I'm becoming a MINI adict

Postby maverick_no1 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:29 pm

nice one lads thanks for the help going to get the funds together and look at July to get it done, it turned out to be the radiator so they have ordered one in said it should be ready tomorrow, just glad its still under warranty!
maverick_no1
Just Joined!

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help