Go to footer

Window stickers???

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Window stickers???

Postby langdang » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:08 pm

I've put this in "exterior" but what I'm really interested in is window stickers or maybe clingy vinyl that will stick to the inside but are designed to be read from the outside. Where's a good place to get these done - cheepcheep like? Only want a few, I suppose some places will charge the same for four or forty.
langdang
I'm becoming a MINI adict

Re: Window stickers???

Postby redS » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:41 am

Where are you based?
"Bend the rules, Rule the bends"
redS
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby langdang » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:08 pm

Limerick......... :(

Were your names done in sticky backed vinyl and put on the outside of the window ya? Do you still have em on? How are they surviving weather and car cleaning?

Or was it clingy vinyl (like L plates), that was put on the inside of the window?

That's probably easier/cheaper to do - adhesive one side, printing on the other OR clingy like L plates. Something like "dealer stickers" must be done in two stages - printed then adhesive applied? (are the mini club stickers done like that too?)
langdang

Postby redS » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:24 pm

Im based in swords and got them done through a crowd that does vehicle signage/graphics.
mine were the stick on because i have the tinted glass and the names wouldnt have been able to be read through that. i also got a graphic on the roof done in stick on i havent still got them on but i can assure you they were very well stuck.

Id say start off with a good vehicle signage crowd go into them and describe exactly what you want done they have all the colours, printers, cutters etc needed to do a professional job.
"Bend the rules, Rule the bends"
redS
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby Owen » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:45 pm

The club stickers are printed in reverse on to clear vinyl, dead simple for most places to do.
Owen
Founding Member & Site Admin

Re:

Postby langdang » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:01 pm

Owen wrote:The club stickers are printed in reverse on to clear vinyl, dead simple for most places to do.

That makes sense now! It was wrecking my head how they printed the lettering onto white vinyl then put adhesive over it.
Makes much more sense to start with clear vinyl and everything you see is printed on. Nice one guys, will suss out the local signage/graphics places.
langdang

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help