Go to footer

service

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

service

Postby maverick_no1 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:17 pm

Hi guys,

car is due its first service since i bought it going to ring around tomorrow but any deas how much much im looking at??
bought the car in March
maverick_no1
Just Joined!

Re: service

Postby Bawnee » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:12 pm

Few questions.. If you bought in March did you buy in garage, if so they should do it under warranty! Where are you in the country, might be worth a trip down to Irlmin in Cork, best value i can tell you. Or Mini are advertising a service too on the radio i think!
Bawnee
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby irlmin » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:54 pm

maverick_no1 wrote:Hi guys,

car is due its first service since i bought it going to ring around tomorrow but any deas how much much im looking at??
bought the car in March

No problem sorting it with a visit to Cork . We only use OE mini filters and correct spec premium brand oils , also We find air and pollen filters need to be replaced at much more regular intervals than MINI recommend , its only common sense if a filter is dirty at 10000 km then replace it and don't let it there until the service schedule tells you to but unfortunately that is what appears to happen , we had an 04 MINI in recently with an oil filter dated 04 when we removed it !!!! there was over 50000 km on the car both air and pollen filters were also dated 04 and this car was covered by MINI TLC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .PM me for prices if it helps .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby iwanagofast » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:00 pm

Just got the car serviced up here. Brake fluid needed changing. The mechanic said that it looked like the brake fluid had never been changed even though it was signed in the book and the car had been covered by mini tlc aswell!
[img:321:240]http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t296/iwanagofast/MINI%20and%20focus/100_0300-1-1-1.jpg[/img]
iwanagofast
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby langdang » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:02 am

Ger, PM sent to you, Mir's Cooper needs some proper TLC too.
Some definites from NCT, some general maintenance and some precautionary checks.
langdang
I'm becoming a MINI adict

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help