Go to footer

diesal sounding may 2008 mcs

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

diesal sounding may 2008 mcs

Postby hellman45 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:05 am

hi i think my mini mcs has developed the dreaded rattle some days it doesnt do it somedays it does, i know ive read lots of posts about short start stop that can bring this on, ok i bought a warranty but has 28 days to go before i can make a claim , if i keep driving it will it shag the engine ?? 2 i know there is a puma 14 fix for this that bmw have made to fix this rattle , my question is will bmw help me toward the cost of doing this work before my warranty starts or should i wait have it done under warranty, if i take it in and its logged as a fault the warranty will not cover it as its deemed a fault already there before warranty started , i did read some where that certain vin numbers are eligable for this work ??? any help would be really appreciated , can anyone reccomend a good dealer that is good at goodwill claims and knows of this problem/fix i live in sligo btw

thanks a million
hellman45
Just Joined!

Re: diesal sounding may 2008 mcs

Postby Owen » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:47 pm

Have it done immediately. And I mean immediately. Not because your engine will blow up - it won't, but because you need to get it done inside the warranty period. Try Barry Motors in Galway, they're still authorised service agents.
Owen
Founding Member & Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help