Go to footer

Remap and a few questions.....

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Remap and a few questions.....

Postby Sheenab1983 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:09 pm

Ok my boyfriend is thinkin of gettin a remap done on my 2004 Cooper Works in a group mapping session on bmw-driver.net as he is a member on the site

http://www.bmw-driver.net/forum/showthr ... ight=remap

and just have a few questions...

- What kinda power can ya up it to and be safe??
- what kinda power is drivable??
- Does it make a big difference on the econ??
- Anyone on here got it done and have any advice??

He has already done bit of a brake upgrade at the mo with yellow stuff pads and groved discs all round and got it serviced so is kinda his little project at the mo if i let him.... lol lol

Also can ya get these anywhere in the UK or Ireland as there 120 dollars to ship from The US and also anyone have one on their car and have the mod done to the intake??? What kinda noise etc???

Cheers...
Sheenab1983
I'm becoming a MINI adict

Re: Remap and a few questions.....

Postby irlmin » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:24 pm

We do remaps and have done with many years , a decent remap will really work well with your MINI and at 163bhp standard you will have approx 190 with improved torque and most importantly improved drivability , it will really improve the smoothness of the car, as the S suffers from poor low down smoothness a decent tuning file will really work well , We also fit a 15% supercharger pulley and a remap to suit this and then you really fly . economy is also improved by 10 to 15% . a word of warning though be careful what files are used as there are some cheap rubbish available which have the capacity to ruin your engine any reputable tuner will run a mile from these . We have a special price for MCOI forum members at € 200 for a remap using tried and tested tuning files normal price is € 350 . as regards brake upgrades we do 2 types , one using drilled /groved 294 x 22 mm vented discs and R56S calipers , and the 2nd option using the latest JCW 4 pot calipers and 315x22 groved / drilled/ vented discs , this setup is awesome ! , We have a MINI Cooper Cabriolet with the 1st conversion and My R56 Clubman with the 4 pot option should you want to see the difference . there are other options as well , I always advise against cold air intakes especially some with the 'open' cone air filter as they are more HOT air intakes than cold and do NOT work except to make more noise , there are some good airboxes on the market including the JCW one with the 'flap' fixed and the Dave F one as well , We also modify the standard one to be more efficient and use K+N filters . hope the above helps and any advice you need just call or pm me .
Gerard
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby chopper » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:34 pm

Ger and co. did a remap and 15% supercharger pulley on my '05 Cooper S just yesterday.

Suffice to say, I *thoroughly* enjoyed the drive back from Ballincollig to Limierck, despite the wet weather and the traffic. Low rev power is a LOT smoother, such as when executing the "2nd gear roundabout exit test", if you know what I mean.

- Dave
chopper
Just Joined!

Postby Sheenab1983 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:16 am

Yea im really likin the sound of this i have to say.... Just have to get it through the NCT Saturday week and hope i dont have to put money towards the car and then get it remapped....... :-) Wanted to do it the right way so have already done the brakes and there great so more power now...... Did you have trouble driving home with the traction??? If not you must have pretty good tyres eh... :-)
Sheenab1983
I'm becoming a MINI adict

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help