Go to footer

Throttle body Austin Mini 1275 mpi 1998

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Throttle body Austin Mini 1275 mpi 1998

Postby clathekid » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:27 pm

Can anyone help me locate the above part,preferably second hand or reconditioned.

Regards Brian
clathekid
Just Joined!

Re: Throttle body Austin Mini 1275 mpi 1998

Postby irlmin » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:27 pm

We should have one , I will have a look tomorrow , whats the problem with your own ------- poor tickover due to warping ?
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby clathekid » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:34 am

Thanks for reading my post so quick..
Yes thats exactly the problem i heard its a regular enough problem. When its idle it needs gas or it will cut out happens when its cold then when it warms up it behaves a bit better but not much..

Thanks G
clathekid
Just Joined!

Postby irlmin » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:12 am

If its a low idle is your problem its not the throttle body , the throttle body is prone to warping and drawing air therefore as the air leaking in to the body post butterfly is not controlled and you will have a high idle ------ not low , I think your problem is related to a sensor , check all connections as the MPi wiring looms are notorious for poor connections and cracking . if the problem still persists there are a few more checks I will advise but lets start with the basics.
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby clathekid » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:53 pm

Well G....

Sorry i was so late to reply my laptop was shot. I did as you suggested and you hit the nail on the head with the wiring looms i had a fiddle with them and ya they were nackered. Cheers 4 the info much appreciated.
clathekid
Just Joined!

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help