Go to footer

Overheating Problems

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Overheating Problems

Postby hankandcharlie » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:31 pm

Hi MCOI,

Happy new year to U all,

i am having overheating problems wit my 05 cooper S,

i have been told i have a flange leak on the coolent system some where,

i have to keep topping up the system, but now its overheating, can anyone recommend

a good garage, i am sick of having muppets look at it, i am getting no where,

Thanks a mill
hankandcharlie
Just Joined!

Re: Overheating Problems

Postby irlmin » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:10 pm

Your initial problem was the thermostat housing , they have a tendency to warp and leak , We have fitted lots and in fact now stock now one or two all the time , you will also need to fit the thermostat as the seal can't be purchased from MINI on its own ,when you say its overheating how long does it take to 'overheat' ? can you see any visible leaks ? is the cooling fan cutting in ? you can give me a call on 021 4877158 or 0868663828 and I can get a better idea how to advise on a solution .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Re: Overheating Problems

Postby hankandcharlie » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:46 pm

Thanks for the reply,

it overheated twice, for a couple of seconds, and i pull in, and turned off the engine,

on both times, temp just flew up tp red, and fan was on, i was driving for a while before this happened,

there is a leak under the car after it has been running, but when cold there is no leak,

can i give u a call tomorrow morning,

thanks again
hankandcharlie
Just Joined!

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help