Go to footer

Dyno Results

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Dyno Results

Postby Step_7 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:35 pm

Well, finally got my Cooper onto a Rolling Road yesterday:

Made 127.3 Bhp! 8)

Here's the graph:

As far as I am aware he's a totally standard car with 43K on the clock so well pleased with the results especially as the rest of the cars on were pretty much in line with where they should be. Of course I was still beaten by a 1000cc Mini....... 8O 8)
Step_7
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby MiniMpi » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:56 pm

That's impressive!
Are you sure previous owner(was there one?)did'nt upload an MTH map, the standard MTH map gives 125bhp?
Fergal.
Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby 1lightningd » Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:05 pm

I would love to put the "d" on a rolling road for the laugh, just to see what it is putting out! :twisted:
1lightningd
MCOI Founding Member

Location: London. 2012 picking up a gold medal for Kazakhstan

Postby Step_7 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:55 pm

MiniMpi wrote:That's impressive!
Are you sure previous owner(was there one?)did'nt upload an MTH map, the standard MTH map gives 125bhp?
Fergal.

I'm not sure really - There was only 1 previous owner so they might have done something to it. It seemed really high to me and I thought the Dyno might be reading high but the other cars all read about right. My MPi made 63.9 and 2 other MPis made similar figures which is as close to standard as you're going to get really.

I know you should take dyno results with a pinch of salt when they correct for powertrain losses but all the same I'm happy. I wish there had been another MINI there to get some sort of baseline but there were only Minis and a Beetle!

Would MTH have a record of cars that have been remapped or is that not possible to find out?
Step_7
I'm spending far too much time here

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help