Go to footer

Locking mechanism

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Locking mechanism

Postby mini87 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:29 pm

Hi all, my 03 cooper's driver side door lock has been acting up for about a week now. I am unable to push up the button using my remote key or the internal switch but can open it by manually using the key and using the internal door handle. I can still hear the mechanism trying to open the door and it does lock using the remote and the internal switch so I think its just a broken hook or clip. Has anyone else had this problem, is it expensive to fix? Thank you :)
mini87
I'm spending far too much time here

Re: Locking mechanism

Postby MiniMpi » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:50 pm

mini87 wrote:Hi all, my 03 cooper's driver side door lock has been acting up for about a week now. I am unable to push up the button using my remote key or the internal switch but can open it by manually using the key and using the internal door handle. I can still hear the mechanism trying to open the door and it does lock using the remote and the internal switch so I think its just a broken hook or clip. Has anyone else had this problem, is it expensive to fix? Thank you :)

Hi there ;)

It's sadly a common enough failure of the door motor :1icon_frown:
Happened to my driver's door motor few month's back.
No fixing it, they are a bit over a €100 as far as i know :1icon_frown:
Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Re: Locking mechanism

Postby mini87 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:09 pm

Thanks Ferg, might give O'Learys a shout see if they can help myself and Shelly out!
mini87
I'm spending far too much time here

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help