Go to footer

Traction Control - Can a remap improve it?

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Traction Control - Can a remap improve it?

Postby jpo » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:27 pm

I find the TC on my R53 JCW is a little overzealous at times & I find the power dies completely for a 2-3 seconds before slowly coming back on so not exactly what I'd call a "progressive" system... I'm wondering what controls the TC, is it the ECU? And if so, can a remap sort that out as to be honest I find it kills the driveability of it sometimes: there's a slight incline coming up to a roundabout on my daily route to work & you have to be on the ball to get into it when there's a gap & I'm nearly afraid of taking the chance sometimes as if the wheels spin as they do on occasion the power'll die as I'm half0way across two lanes leading to a potentially rather dangerous situation..! :1icon_eek:

Any hints/tips/suggestions? (Apart from turning off TC whenever I get into the car & have that annoying yellow light on the whole time... :rolleyes:)
[img]http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w349/jptramp/Mini/JCWSigPic.jpg[/img]
jpo
Getting used to the place

Re: Traction Control - Can a remap improve it?

Postby MiniMpi » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:46 am

A good remap will definitely help make TC less zealous alright ;)
Talk to Ger as he has done many.
Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Re: Traction Control - Can a remap improve it?

Postby iwanagofast » Sun May 01, 2011 12:11 pm

It should help but if you are planning on doing a few mods, reduced pulley/updated intercooler/manifold then I would wait to remap it. If not then go for it. I just drive with it off around town, it's pretty dangerous when you pull out and lose power with traffic bearing down on you.
[img:321:240]http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t296/iwanagofast/MINI%20and%20focus/100_0300-1-1-1.jpg[/img]
iwanagofast
I'm spending far too much time here

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help