Go to footer

MINI ROOF RACK !

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

MINI ROOF RACK !

Postby Bawnee » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:56 pm

Hi all, trying to fit MINI roofrack and the instructions are not one bit helpful.. Got the gutter bits off and capped at the moment till i figure out the problem. I've unlocked the lock with the wrench supplied and swung the sealing cap upwards. Next step has me loosening the profile screws, done. Where i'm stuck is 'Inserting the mounting clips as shown... and keeping them pressed using the rail clips, (page 19, in manual provided). Not sure about the direction indicator on the underside of the profile, it doesnt seem to give the direction, just says which roof bar is to go in the front and which is to go to the rear.. any advice greatly welcomed..... as i'm trying over an hour with assistance and neither can figure it.. Cheers! Oh i'm fitting to a Clubman, not that it matters. Thanks for reading. :1icon_smile:
Bawnee
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby Bawnee » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:03 pm

This is done & took an hour, when I asked how it went, was told it was a nightmare! I think it looks well saying that, next step J bars!!
Bawnee

Re: MINI ROOF RACK !

Postby Masterbiker » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:58 pm

That does sound like a nightmare. You should take some pictures and make a guild for anyone else.

Last time I had something on the roof. I used two rolled up blankets and a couple of ratchet straps, but that was only needed for a couple of miles from a lumber yard.
Masterbiker

Postby Owen » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:00 pm

It's an art. I was laughing when I heard Ferg telling you it was easy. Anyone who's done it on an R55/56 knows it's far from easy ;)
Owen
Founding Member & Site Admin

Postby Bawnee » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:23 am

Well its done, many more tools other than provided were used, let's just say I dared not even peek during the process, it took a good hour... It's really looking good on car I have to say!! I read up beforehand & everyone had problems fitting it. I can't put up photo of its fitting as I steered well clear... Will post up after pics if I can remember how to! Well it's on now, I dare not ask to remove & re install as I'd get an ear full!!!! You have been warned!! Re Ferg, aw sure that was encouragement I suppose.

Negative about them, I think they are too far forward on Clubman, also there is a slight bulge on the rubber inside the suicide door, not sure what can be done with this.

Will post pics in my car section shortly. :)
Bawnee

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help