Go to footer

Mud Flaps

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Mud Flaps

Postby mark11original » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:34 pm

Hi all,
Hope someone can help. I'm fitting a set of genuine mud flaps to my girl friends mini. Got the front ones on
No problem but I'm a bit unsure about the rear ones. Do they just slip on over the black corner piece of the bumper and then screw them in place or does that corner piece need removing? Its a 2005 cooper.
Thanks
mark11original
Just Joined!

Postby Bawnee » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:27 am

Mm I had front ones on a 07 only on front. Sorry i cant help. The mudflaps do lessen the cleaning, so fitting them is a good idea!
Bawnee
I'm spending far too much time here

Re: Mud Flaps

Postby irlmin » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:34 am

The rear corners just overlap the arch trim , you will see a strip of adhesive where the 'join' is and this is used to attach to the arch , make sure the arch is clean and wax free though .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Re: Mud Flaps

Postby mark11original » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:47 am

Thanks Bawnee and Irlmin. Ya they should help to keep the car some bit cleaner, I think the car looks a bit naked without them, Ive only seen them on few minis and they do look nice. Fitting them is easy so since they just slip on over the wheel arch I was unsure about that. Thanks for clearing things up.
Mark
mark11original
Just Joined!

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help