Go to footer

nct failure

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

nct failure

Postby dayosmini » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:57 pm

hi all just getting the hang of this my mini failed the nct on the following just wondering how hard or easy the jobs are to do all comments and advice welcome well here is the list 2 track rod ends, ft top and bottom ball joints/knuckles one lambda sensor(even though i suspect the exhaust is blowing somewhere that might fix that fingers crossed) and rear axle/wishbone outer bush other than that i need 2 rear shocks which were so equally bad that the inbalance didnt show so all help appriceated thanks damien
dayosmini
Just Joined!

Re: nct failure

Postby irlmin » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:09 pm

Most of the items you mention are 'safety critical' and I would advise you have them sorted professionally , track rod ends are easily sorted and as ball joints need to be adjusted by using different 'shims' you really need to know what you are doing , rear 'radius arm ' bushes will need replacing and when they are fitted will need to be machined using a special reaming tool , exhaust as you say is usually a small crack will cause a 'lambda' reading problem , shocks normally don't cause 'imbalance' problems on minis BUT can leak , they are not very expensive to replace .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Re: nct failure

Postby dayosmini » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:15 am

ok cheers ger ill be on to ya today to see if you can do the jobs for me thanks
dayosmini
Just Joined!

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help