Go to footer

hardon karman cd player

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

hardon karman cd player

Postby seano » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:47 pm

i recently bought a 2006 mini one, the problem i have is my front speakers dont work. it has the hardon karman sound system with a jvc cd player, i have been reliably informed that the jvc cd player is not completly compatible with it and only the original will work. can anybody help me find one/tell me differant. thanks
seano
Just Joined!

Postby MiniMpi » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:25 am

It may not be anything to do with the JVC. The amp's have a habit of going on the Harmon Kardon systems and also speaker failures.
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby Owen » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:22 pm

You can use an aftermarket CD player, but you have to buy an interface box called the HK enabler made by Ian Cull, sold by newministuff.com
Owen
Founding Member & Site Admin

Re: hardon karman cd player

Postby seano » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:36 pm

thanks v much think ill try the enabler, my mechanic says everything is working so this might do the trick
seano
Just Joined!

Re: hardon karman cd player

Postby Owen » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:38 pm

If it was the amp, you wouldn't be getting any sound at all. My previous MINI had the HK sound system too, and it's vital to have the HK enabler, the head unit sends digital signals to the HK amp which a normal headunit can't. The enabler sorts all that out.
Owen
Founding Member & Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help