Go to footer

Will they fit?

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Will they fit?

Postby nahguavkire » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:03 pm

Considering going for a new Mini Cooper SD Hatchback and have a particular set of wheels in mind that I think would look amazing. They're only available in 18x8 et56 however. Anyone out there running something similar in size or have any experience with 18" wheel on a Mini? I know the GP came with 18" wheels and I also know they won't be the most comfortable but these wheels are the business! It's the offset I'm concerned with, I'll have to use a spacer/adaptor as they 5x120 bolt pattern so I'm wondering will it be a runner or will it rub on the arches/affect turning circle?

Cheers lads!
nahguavkire
Just Joined!

Re: Will they fit?

Postby irlmin » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:22 pm

MINI is 4x100 and offset from about 38 to 48 should be fine , I use 7.5X 18 Rota Subzero wheels with Michelin Pilot sport 205x40x18 tyres on my Clubman as the are really light . I would never recommend using adapters or indeed spacers any more than perhaps 5mm again they will affect geometry and 'unsprung weight' . 18s can work well on an R 55/56/57 not so well on R50/R52/53 I am afraid .on R56 there will be no fouling on arches with the above tyres .
G
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help