Go to footer

Dublin Service/Repair

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Dublin Service/Repair

Postby ciire » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:23 pm

Hi, I have a 06' Cooper S - I have a couple of issues with steering/noise, it has been serviced in the last 6 months but nothing has came up in that. I don't want to go back to the main dealer - any recommendations for service & repairs, sick of paying main dealer prices and not getting fixes, also where to get the best price on a run flat!
ciire
Just Joined!

Postby MiniMpi » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:51 pm

Sadly it's Cork for both really ;)

O'Leary's Garage
Ger 0868663828
Full main dealer software etc.
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby MiniMpi » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:52 pm

By the way it sounds like your power steering pump is on the way out.
Horrendous price to do it at the main dealer but O'Leary's can do them for €600 all in with a brand new pump etc.
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Re: Dublin Service/Repair

Postby ciire » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:34 pm

I really hope not, the noise happens in low gears on turning. I would of thought if it was the power steering the main dealer would have spoted this.. no? would love to get somewhere in Dublin or even a bit closer then cork ;)
ciire
Just Joined!

Postby Derfinn » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:58 am

For value, the trip to Ballincollig would be worth it. Especially, if you're frustrated with main dealer prices.

For a run flat, can suggest 2 Dublin(ish) places.
Firstly, try the Phoenix Tyres across from Crowe Park.
Second, would be Gormanston Tyre Centre, just off the M1. Take the Julianstown/Drogheda South exit.
Derfinn
I'm spending far too much time here

Re: Dublin Service/Repair

Postby irlmin » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:38 pm

We have many customers from Dublin that make the trip down , its only 2 and a bit hours now that its Motorway all the way and with an appointment we can turn your MINI around in a few hours ( and even drop you into the famous city of Cork while its been worked on ) as regards runflats the tyreshop next door to our workshop supply and fit Avon runflats in 205x45x17 for € 155.00 each . and if you do have a power steering pump problem we supply and fit a new ZF pump with a 2 year guarantee for € 600 all in and they are always in stock .feel free to call or pm me if you need any further info .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help