Go to footer

gearbox

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

gearbox

Postby eamonn » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:30 pm

Hi , I have an auto 94 mayfair gearbox is screeching like a pig once it gets to tempature . the car is only 24000 miles but it was parked up for the guts of 10 years . Ive got loadsa help here while i was restoring it but now im thinking its time to change that box . So has anybody got a 1275cc engine and box for sale and if there is a god has anybody got a pedal box , gear selecto and front subframe . please and thank you every reply is hugely appritiated
k regards
E
eamonn
Getting used to the place

Re: gearbox

Postby leyland » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:58 am

Would be worth giving it a full oil change + filter before making any further decisions on a change of box/engine. I have an auto myself and know that changing the oil is very important for the proper function of the auto box.
Best of luck.

Leyland
Yes we can.
leyland
MCOI Founding Member

Re: gearbox

Postby eamonn » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:24 pm

I tryed that but no such luck I think the plates are corroded or stuck together either way if im taking it out I think il go the whole 9 yards . Thanks for the reply though
E
eamonn
Getting used to the place

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help