Go to footer

Fitting New Lambda Sensor

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Fitting New Lambda Sensor

Postby densyl19 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:56 pm

Can anybody tell me the approx cost and where in Dublin I could get a new Lambda Sensor on a 1995 Rover Mini - only genuine 17,200 miles on clock but was only used for short journeys. It has failed the NCT on the Lambda readings - Any help would be appreciated Thanks
densyl19
Just Joined!

Postby MiniMpi » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:24 pm

Hi there,

I'm not sure of any place in Dublin, only know of O'Leary's garage in Cork who specialize in Mini's & MINI's.
Also make sure it's not the cat that has gone ;)
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Re: Fitting New Lambda Sensor

Postby irlmin » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:55 pm

Who diagnosed the lambda sensor ? not usually a problem in SPi minis , I would check for an exhaust leak and also if you can post the exact NCT figures I may be able to give you an idea of what the problem is .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Re:

Postby densyl19 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:33 pm

Thanks for that - Cat was replaced and last NCT Guy said Lambda has nothing to do with Cat still first NCT Guy said it's probably the Cat so ???
MiniMpi wrote:Hi there,

I'm not sure of any place in Dublin, only know of O'Leary's garage in Cork who specialize in Mini's & MINI's.
Also make sure it's not the cat that has gone ;)
densyl19
Just Joined!

Re: Fitting New Lambda Sensor

Postby densyl19 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:37 pm

Thanks for that Been through 3 NCT's at this stage - now down to Lambda firures Three tests Lamba figures were 1.08, (New Cat fitted) then 1.12 and lastly 1.14

This morning Mechanic says theres no sensor anyway here goes Thanks again

irlmin wrote:Who diagnosed the lambda sensor ? not usually a problem in SPi minis , I would check for an exhaust leak and also if you can post the exact NCT figures I may be able to give you an idea of what the problem is .
G
densyl19
Just Joined!

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help