Go to footer

NCT preperation Questions

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

NCT preperation Questions

Postby minijohn » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:33 pm

Hi All,

I have the feckin NCT coming up and need to get some things sorted.

The brake pedal is rock solid. I take it a 2000 Cooper MPI has a servo.
Should it not feel a little softer?

My window wipers are shit! I know I need to get them replaced with stronger arms (original set was replaced with a crappy chrome set). But, when they are on they move off the screen and onto the top of the bonnet area from time to time, not always.
Also, when the wipers are on and I switch the headlights on they stop. This also happens when I hit the brakes. Figure that one out!
The wipers also look like they are under powered, like they are struggling to move back and forth.
Im thinking there could be some sort of weak or bad neutral causing difficulties when other things are switched on and off.

When I go up a hill at slow speeds in a high gear, there is a weird sensation like the clutch is slipping. But the revs arent jumping. Im confident it isnt the clutch. Theres also a vibration coming through the steering wheel.

Any ideas on the above would be great

Cheers
John
minijohn
Just Joined!

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help