Go to footer

Brake Conversion Cooper S

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Brake Conversion Cooper S

Postby Coopman » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:29 pm

I've been looking into changing the rotors on the car for something that will complement the new wheels. I can't stand those rusty hubs any longer. I was thinking about MTEC Rotors. Any thoughts on them?

Also, the calipers themselves, I was thinking about MGP bolt on caliper covers to cover up the dirt but as much as I think they are a far cry less ridiculous than those Brembo stick on things I can't help but think that they would look silly on my car.

I have no interest in big brake kits, i just want to clean up behind the wheels. Any thoughts?
2004 R53 Cooper S (Dark Silver) & 2007 R56 Cooper S (Black)
Coopman
Getting used to the place

Re: Brake Conversion Cooper S

Postby irlmin » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:30 pm

If you don't have any interest in improved braking and your standard set-up is working well enough for you I would just do a decent clean-up on your standard set-up . get the calipers clean and give them a good coat of paint , heat resistant is best . the rust on the discs can be sanded/ wire brushed and a good coat of Zinc primer will have them looking better than new .I agree the caliper covers just look 'tacky' and really will not add anything . as regards Discs ( Rotors) if your standard ones are not worn just clean them up as above . of course if you want improved braking you are entering another world with lots of options . We have fitted lots of big brake conversions and can advise if thats where you want to go .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help