Go to footer

Coolant

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Coolant

Postby yiska » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:30 am

Hi guys,

About a month ago I noticed my engine fans working overtime so checked coolant and empty - topped it up and thought "phew". This morning, I arrived at work and again the engine fans were working hard >.< I've not checked the coolant level yet as the engine was hot but going off previous experience I'm guessing it's empty.

Should I be topping up engine coolant this often or would it more than likely be a leak? I've not noticed any puddles under the car though.

Advice most welcome!

Thanks,
Jess
Mini Cooper S R52 - 06
yiska
Just Joined!

Re: Coolant

Postby irlmin » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:12 am

Hi Jess.
I would think its the Thermostat housing , very common problem and a pressure test will confirm , we have replaced 3 this week alone and keep them in stock , make sure you keep the coolant reservoir topped up to the correct level as you may get 'airlocks' if it drops below min .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Re: Coolant

Postby yiska » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:23 am

Good to know! Thx

I'll keep it topped up and run it over to you next week if you have the time?

Thanks,
Jess
Mini Cooper S R52 - 06
yiska
Just Joined!

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help