Go to footer

Mini Cooper Sports Exhaust

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Mini Cooper Sports Exhaust

Postby CooperTJ » Mon May 06, 2013 11:05 am

Hey all,

New to the forum so hope I'm posting this in a right place. Essentially I've a 2004 mini cooper which has a sports exhaust on it. I couldn't tell you the brand as it was on the car when I bought it but I'll attach a couple of photos to show what it looks like. Now since my girlfriend is the main driver of the car she's not too keen / appreciative of the sound the exhaust makes. On the other side I'm sure there's people who'd love to add that to heir car. What I'd like to suggest here is that I'd be happy to swap it for a regular exhaust (taking its in good shape) if someone on the forum would be interested in mine. My mini mechanic has quoted 150eur for the job so the only thing I'd be looking for was for the person getting the exhaust to cover that cost. Hopefully that sounds like a fair deal but I'm open to suggestions.

Exhaust muffler photos:

If needed I could also make a couple of videos on my phone of it idling and let's say what it sounds like if I floor it.

PS. I'm based in Dublin.
Thanks!
CooperTJ
Just Joined!

Re: Mini Cooper Sports Exhaust

Postby dillonmr » Wed May 08, 2013 12:18 pm

looks like the OEM sports exhaust to me not aftermarket, basically its a single back box version of the JCW system, be mad to change it in my opinion. Tell the mrs that it's genuine and to deal with it.

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=RC32&mospid=48010&btnr=18_0629&hg=18&fg=20
dillonmr
Getting used to the place

Re: Mini Cooper Sports Exhaust

Postby Masterbiker » Thu May 09, 2013 4:50 pm

dillonmr wrote:looks like the OEM sports exhaust to me not aftermarket, basically its a single back box version of the JCW system, be mad to change it in my opinion. Tell the mrs that it's genuine and to deal with it.

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=RC32&mospid=48010&btnr=18_0629&hg=18&fg=20

It doesn't look like the backbox is oval enough to be the JCW one, but that might be because of the angle of the pictures. Also if it was the JCW version, it would have the John Cooper Works name stamped onto the exhaust tip

As to what make it might actually be, sadly I have no idea.

If you want a new backbox, that doesn't cost a fortune like the BMW part is, the one from Scorpion is really good. Yes the tip is stupidly large (4inches in diameter), but it wasn't any louder than the standard exhaust.
Masterbiker
I'm spending far too much time here

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help