Go to footer

Mini Cooper R50 Question!

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Mini Cooper R50 Question!

Postby natedogg16 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:29 pm

Hi new member here and i just had a few general questions on the mini cooper.
As i have a R50 and i am a lad its inevitable im gonna do it up.

I want to install a Aerogrille kit on the front of my mini, I dont really find any one selling it in ireland ? Will i have to buy one from the uk. (Assuming there wont be to much actual installing)

Also i know its possible to put a mini cooper s Bonnet on the normal R50 but same question again where would i be able to purchase one, would mini dealers in ireland sell them?

Advice would be much appreciated thank you!
natedogg16
Just Joined!

Re: Mini Cooper R50 Question!

Postby irlmin » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:36 am

Give Me a shout on 0868663828 I may be able to help .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby Ace of Spades » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:07 pm

Hi Natedogg,

I was gunna say speak to Ger (as above)
There are idiots on ebay uk that will charge more for a second hand grill then what you can buy a new one for.
Also, a lot of ebay uk wont ship to Ireland, no idea why.

JK
Ace of Spades
I'm becoming a MINI adict

Postby AdyP » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:32 pm

Aero grille is not very expensive from MINI so as well to buy from them. It comes as two parts with the main bonnet grill fitting right on with no mods. The smaller lower on in the bumper takes a little work on both it and the bumper to fit nicely as otherwise the don't sit right by just cutting off the tabs and glueing them in.

I fitted a set to my R50 and it turned out very well, but it took a little bravery to cut holes in my 12-month old car :)

You could also get away with painting or plastic-dipping the lower std one to avoid such stress :)
AdyP
I'm spending far too much time here

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help