Go to footer

Suspension

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Suspension

Postby mini50 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:27 pm

Hello folks

Am now at the stage of rebuilding my front subframe and was wondering should I install adjustable struts on the suspension front and back I recently bought new cones for front and back and would these be suitable for adjustable suspension i got standard cones of mini spares there is other cones on there site like competition cones smooth ride cone ect I have the drivers side cone in place just with the standard strut don't want to go any further my friend told me I should of went with adjustable struts because when the cone sags over time I can correct it with adjustable struts
mini50
Just Joined!

Re: Suspension

Postby irlmin » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:55 pm

Hi , Yes I would use adjustable or Hi-Lo as they are called , as well as being adjustable they are also provide a bit more contact area between cone and trumpet thereby improving suspension 'spring rate ' . and of course with the adjustment provided by the units you will be able to find the perfect 'ride height for the type of roads you use most .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help