Go to footer

Work Price Estimate

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Work Price Estimate

Postby maxklimmek » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:11 pm

Hi,

I recently had some work done on my R53, I got the bill back from the mechanic, and it seems pretty high.

Wondering if anyone on here could give me advice on how much the work should cost?
Below is a list of the Labour and Parts that my mechanic sent me.

Labour
Replace N/S and O/S Rear Brake Pipes
Cleanoff Front Brake Pipes
Replace N/S Front Track Rod End
Track Wheels
Carry Out Full Service

Parts
Brake Pipe and Fluid
Track Rod End
Tracking
Engine Oil
Oil Filter
Air Filter
Pollen Filter
Screen Wash
OS Repeater Bulb

I'll put up the price I paid after I hear from someone about how much they'd estimate for it...

Recently I've been questioning using the mechanic again, as I've mentioned things to them (Knocking/Wobbling Noises) and they've just shrugged them off.
The car failed the NCT last week for a number of things, including the front left tracking rod being worn (Which would cause knocking/wobbling noises...)

Any help would be great! Also, if anyone knows a good Mini Mechanic in Dublin I'd love to get their details!

Cheers,
Max
maxklimmek
Just Joined!

Re: Work Price Estimate

Postby irlmin » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:02 pm

Hi Max ,
Sorry to hear you have problems with your R53 , its impossible to say how much the above work should be as there are many variables , ie quality of parts used are the parts OE or OE spec or just cheap copies , also you mention brake fluid , was this a brake fluid change or just bleeding out what was lost when replacing hoses ? full service , again what quality / brand of oil was used ? filters OE or OE spec or just cheap replacements ? same question for track rod end OE or other ? . sorry for being vague but I can only tell you what we would quote and for above work using OE or OE spec parts and premium quality lubricants we would be quoting € 400 to € 450 max depending on what we found on inspection . We have lots of customers from Dublin and as its only just over 2 and a bit hours journey now and all Motorway many do just a day trip and are home the same afternoon with their MINI is good shape again . oh and welcome to the website .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby maxklimmek » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:10 pm

Hi G,

Unfortunately I do not know the exact parts that were purchased, however I do have the price breakdown for each.

Labour - Total 375 Euro
Replace N/S and O/S Rear Brake Pipes - 2.5 Hours Work - 75ph - Total 187.50 Euro
Cleanoff Front Brake Pipes
Replace N/S Front Track Rod End - 0.5 Hours Work - 75ph - Total 37.50 Euro
Track Wheels
Carry Out Full Service - 2 Hours Work - 75ph - Total 150 Euro

Parts - Total 205.29 Euro
Brake Pipe and Fluid - 1 Part - 28 Euro
Track Rod End - 1 Part - 48.25 Euro
Tracking - 1 Part - 45 Euro
Engine Oil - 4.5 Parts - 31.50 Euro
Oil Filter - 1 Part - 12.40 Euro
Air Filter - 1 Part - 14.84 Euro
Pollen Filter - 1 Part - 22.60 Euro
Screen Wash - 1 Part - 1.90 Euro
OS Repeater Bulb - 1 Part - 0.80 Cent

Subtotal - 580.29 Euro
Vat 13.5% - 78.34

Total Due - 658.63

Above is exactly what I got back from the garage on the invoice.

I might just take the drive to you next time, are you open at the weekends?

Cheers for your help!

Max
maxklimmek
Just Joined!

Postby irlmin » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:04 pm

The only comment I can make is oil capacity is 4.8 liters , also price of oil is a little low for a high quality product , check your oil level and spec if possible . also make sure you change your oil at max 10000 KM intervals in future .We don't work weekends btw .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help