Go to footer

Where to buy wheels?

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Where to buy wheels?

Postby ajjmk » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:44 am

Hi guys,

I'm new to this page so I hope I'm posting this in the right section! :1icon_eek:

I bought a chilli red R50 MINI One a few months ago which I love dearly. It is a completely standard model, and I've been gradually adding small bits and pieces to it to "make it my own". One major change which I'm mad to make is to upgrade the wheels from the original 15" R93 Rockets, to some 16" or 17" wheels. However, I haven't a clue where to look to buy them! I'm a bit wary of Donedeal and the like because I am quite clueless about these things and don't want to end up being "done"..

By budget isn't massive, so I'd be looking for the best-value, best-quality wheels I can get. I have no problem buying good condition second hand wheels either. I'm not hugely fussy as to the type of wheels, so long as they look the part!

I've fallen in love with the Italian R90 replicas, however I am uncertain about their quality, and the ~€600 price tag is at the very upper limit of my price range!

So, to sum up this rambling post, I am just looking for suggestions of where ye would recommend to buy my new wheels from, and maybe if you have any tips on what to steer clear from!

Thanks,

Ali
ajjmk
Just Joined!

Re: Where to buy wheels?

Postby GHOST » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:37 pm

hey,,,ajjmk,,,take a look at th classified page.
GHOST
Getting used to the place

Postby ajjmk » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:36 pm

GHOST wrote:hey,,,ajjmk,,,take a look at th classified page.

Thanks GHOST :) everything in classifieds seems to be either sold or from an old ad, but I'll keep an eye on that section of the website to see if anything comes up!
ajjmk
Just Joined!

Postby irlmin » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:16 pm

Have a set of these in stock at the moment ,16" MINI 5 spoke R83 . send PM or call me on 0868663828 .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help