Go to footer

Clutch issue

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Clutch issue

Postby MrMagoo » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:45 pm

Hi folks, the wife was driving her 03 cooper and the clutch went to floor, no return, no pressure, fluid seems to be ok (it's dark) and I'm not even sure I checked right place! so had it recovered by insurance. Could it be master or slave cylinder or possibly release bearing or pressure plate??? Any suggestions??
MrMagoo
Just Joined!

Re: Clutch issue

Postby irlmin » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:44 pm

Could be any of above , was there any unusual noise before the failure ? release bearing failure will have warning signs , master or slave cylinder failure will be normally accompanied by fluid loss , there is also the possibility the 'fork' that activates the release bearing has worn through the pivot point in the bellhousing with similar symptoms .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby MrMagoo » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:57 am

No noise from release bearing prior to it happening. If the fluid in the reservoir looks ok could it be an internal seal in one of the cylinders gone that wouldn't show up on the floor in a large pool?? Or would it just cover some of the engine in fluid (ie not enough to create a pool) as it was wet n dark when it happened. Fingers crossed it's not in the box.
MrMagoo
Just Joined!

Postby MrMagoo » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:01 am

Oh and if it was in the box would I lose all hydraulic pressure from the pedal?? Both up and back???
MrMagoo
Just Joined!

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help