Go to footer

Reduced Pulley Instalation

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Reduced Pulley Instalation

Postby jordanfaf » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:54 pm

about to order a 15% pulley reduction and Belt for my R53. just curious if anyone has a price that a mechanic would charge to install the pulley. is it an Engine out job thats gonna cost a fortune or is it relatively easy job that can be done for 100-200?
2006 R53 Cooper S
jordanfaf
I'm becoming a MINI adict

Re: Reduced Pulley Instalation

Postby irlmin » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:22 am

I am afraid it is not that simple , to do this successfully you need a special tool to remove the old pulley , I would also recommend a remap to adjust fueling etc . as for fitting time its a couple of hours if everything goes ok . always best to check belt tensioner as well and replace if any wear .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby jordanfaf » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:40 pm

irlmin wrote:I am afraid it is not that simple , to do this successfully you need a special tool to remove the old pulley , I would also recommend a remap to adjust fueling etc . as for fitting time its a couple of hours if everything goes ok . always best to check belt tensioner as well and replace if any wear .
G

Thanks for the info Ger, on further research i decided not to go ahead as it was gonna cost far too much, id rather spend the money on some carbon trim lol
2006 R53 Cooper S
jordanfaf

Postby irlmin » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:24 pm

The 15% pulley and remap as well as airbox mod /K+N filter does make a big improvement , don't know what you were quoted but we do all the above at a fixed price of € 750 . might be worth considering just the remap at € 270 to Forum members , this will transform 'drive-ability and give a decent power/ torque increase as well .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby jordanfaf » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:22 am

irlmin wrote:The 15% pulley and remap as well as airbox mod /K+N filter does make a big improvement , don't know what you were quoted but we do all the above at a fixed price of € 750 . might be worth considering just the remap at € 270 to Forum members , this will transform 'drive-ability and give a decent power/ torque increase as well .
G

Roughly what sort of power and torque could you expect from the remap? may look at getting it done for the summer if the figures are decent!
2006 R53 Cooper S
jordanfaf

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help