Go to footer

F56 (2014+ Hatch) Door Rubber scratching paint off.

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

F56 (2014+ Hatch) Door Rubber scratching paint off.

Postby Masterbiker » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:57 pm

Hey All,

An issue that is somewhat known now, with the F56's is that the door rubber is quite abrasive and it rubs though the paint on where the top of the door meets the panel just below the B pillar. As can be seen here:

The above image is Christine's at almost two years old. You can see that it's just recently rubbed through to the primer coat.

This is most noticeable with the Volcanic Orange paint, as apparently it's softer than the other colours and is noticeable within weeks. So check those spots on both drivers and passenger sides.

There are new rubber door seals available and there is a special sticker to go over the part where the rubber actually touches the paint.

So if you see there are some scratches appearing, contact the dealer. You should note that most dealerships still don't really know about this issue. But it is a warranty one, so you shouldn't have to pay.

Christine's F56 is in the garage right now getting the parts replaced, so I should be able to post some after pictures in the next couple of days.
Masterbiker
I'm spending far too much time here

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help