Go to footer

Map Updates for Ireland

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Map Updates for Ireland

Postby Owen » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:36 pm

According to Garmin, Ireland is now 100% mapped by NavTeq, and they will have mapping for individual Sat Nav devices prepared by September. This will be great, in that all roads should be on the GPS, but I'm still confused as to how we'll actually navigate to addresses.

For example, I know someone living in Boherbue, and their address is simple Joe Bloggs, Boherbue. Sat Nav hasn't a hope of navigating to addresses like these.

Also, where does a road stop and end? If you're driving in the mountains, and there's a grass track to Uncle Paddy's house, does it have a road number? Does his house have a number too?

Opinions? Solutions?
Owen
Founding Member & Site Admin

Postby irlmin » Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:36 pm

Will Alvins house be on the updated Maps ? as if it is Everywhere else MUST be on them .
Gerard
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby Owen » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:32 am

Just found out townlands will be in Sat Nav as Street Names linked to the towns their in. So for example, if you're looking for Gneeves in Boherbue, use a street name of Gneeves, and the town Boherbue, and it will bring you to the center of the townland. After that, you're on your own, but at least the roads will be visible on screen.

Owen.
Owen

Postby AidenL » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:25 am

Thats not bad at all - does the Group Buy unit have that facility Owen?

Also, would you check can USA maps be loaded on - might be handy for the California trip ;)
AidenL
Site Admin

Postby Owen » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:28 am

AidenL wrote:Thats not bad at all - does the Group Buy unit have that facility Owen?

Also, would you check can USA maps be loaded on - might be handy for the California trip ;)

The Group buy unit, CAN be upgraded come September, at the moment, it only has current maps - we can't give you something that doesn't exist yet :D

AFAIK, yes, you can put in Californian Maps, you'd need to buy these directly from Garmin on a Memory Card, and just slot the card in.

Owen.
Owen

Postby AidenL » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:31 am

Owen wrote:
AidenL wrote:Thats not bad at all - does the Group Buy unit have that facility Owen?

The Group buy unit, CAN be upgraded come September, at the moment, it only has current maps - we can't give you something that doesn't exist yet :D

AFAIK, yes, you can put in Californian Maps, you'd need to buy these directly from Garmin on a Memory Card, and just slot the card in.

Owen.

Will the upgrade be FOC in September, or at a cost?
AidenL
Site Admin

Postby Owen » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:40 am

AidenL wrote:Will the upgrade be FOC in September, or at a cost?

That we don't know, but for the moment, it's same to assume a cost.
Owen

Postby AidenL » Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:06 am

The next question is, will the GB price still apply then, hence the upgraded maps come free ! :wink:
AidenL
Site Admin

Postby Rakey » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:48 pm

is there a reason why this thread only has mods posting in it?
[img:1]http://www.totalmini.com/forum/members/rakey-albums-signatures-picture1245-sigpic8969-4.jpg[/img]
Rakey
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby Owen » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:50 pm

We're the only ones hip enough to use Sat Nav? Beats me. Hello, joe public??
Owen

Postby Rakey » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:52 pm

just looking at the forum list, there are two colours for the different sections, this and the mods section have the same colour, so was wondering if this was restricted?
[img:1]http://www.totalmini.com/forum/members/rakey-albums-signatures-picture1245-sigpic8969-4.jpg[/img]
Rakey

Postby Owen » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:55 pm

Anyone can post here mate!
Owen

Postby Step_7 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:55 pm

Nah, any 'oul eejit can post here........

:lol:
Step_7

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help