Go to footer

Phoenix Park Motor Races - FINISHED.

Our forum for planning and announcing events - plenty of info here on finished events too. Keep an eye on this forum so you can have a great outing in your Mini with the rest of the Club!

Moderator: MiniMpi

Phoenix Park Motor Races - FINISHED.

Postby irlmin » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:36 am

Not a Mini event but still a very worthwhile event to visit and there will be some historic Minis including Eamon Ledwidge who will be writing a column on this site about his historic racing exploits in his Mini , Its August 12/13 and if anyone is interested in travelling let Me know .
Gerard
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby Mark » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:56 pm

I'll be there selling programmes and generally helping out :)
Mark
Getting used to the place

Postby 1lightningd » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:13 pm

Are you going up G?
1lightningd
MCOI Founding Member

Location: London. 2012 picking up a gold medal for Kazakhstan

Postby irlmin » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:35 pm

1lightningd wrote:Are you going up G?

Thinking about it , really good venue , I wish the Government would realise the potential of this Park as a Historic Motor racing circuit and spend a few € on modernising the facilities and track surface , I think it would be capable of hosting 'world class' historic racing again . but NO they would rather give it to the GAA to play aparthide with and build 'ivory towers' like Croke Park . also another thing that really annoys Me is the fact the old 'Cork Grand Prix circuit which includes the Carrigrohane straight road dosen't even have a plaque remembering the events in the 30s anywhere in the city , remember this was the F1 of the time and was attended by thousands , I have seen photos of the events and read the newspaper clips really interesting times . the carrigrohane road also hosted several Irish land speed record attempts in the 70s again No recognition . End of Rant !
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby 1lightningd » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:37 pm

God, yes or no would have done :roll:
1lightningd
MCOI Founding Member

Postby 1lightningd » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:38 pm

irlmin wrote:
1lightningd wrote:Are you going up G?

Thinking about it , really good venue , I wish the Government would realise the potential of this Park as a Historic Motor racing circuit and spend a few € on modernising the facilities and track surface , I think it would be capable of hosting 'world class' historic racing again . but NO they would rather give it to the GAA to play aparthide with and build 'ivory towers' like Croke Park . also another thing that really annoys Me is the fact the old 'Cork Grand Prix circuit which includes the Carrigrohane straight road dosen't even have a plaque remembering the events in the 30s anywhere in the city , remember this was the F1 of the time and was attended by thousands , I have seen photos of the events and read the newspaper clips really interesting times . the carrigrohane road also hosted several Irish land speed record attempts in the 70s again No recognition . End of Rant !

:idea: Mabe the club could do something, bound to get us some airtime!
1lightningd
MCOI Founding Member

Return to Board index

Return to Club Events