Go to footer

run???

Our forum for planning and announcing events - plenty of info here on finished events too. Keep an eye on this forum so you can have a great outing in your Mini with the rest of the Club!

Moderator: MiniMpi

run???

Postby glennon16 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:03 pm

how about a run or something further north than cork lol. to start the new year with.

is there any interest??????
glennon16
Just Joined!

Postby Owen » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:04 pm

There's a run in the pipeline for the Dublin/Wicklow region alright, but tell us where you're based?
Owen
Founding Member & Site Admin

Postby glennon16 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:23 pm

well im in meath. as far as i can see this is more of cork mini club as there is nothing happenin further north
glennon16
Just Joined!

Postby iwanagofast » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:53 pm

Well its really up to the guys in the area to organise the run, I'm based in Galway though I used to live in Cork.

There are a few members in Dublin and my girlfriend is from Meath so if you and the Dubs set a date and a route people might travel up. It just depends on how much work you want to put into the club. (When I say you I mean members in general not signaling you out glennon 16)

ON the same topic would anybody be intrested in a run out west?
[img:321:240]http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t296/iwanagofast/MINI%20and%20focus/100_0300-1-1-1.jpg[/img]
iwanagofast
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby Starrywalsh » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:57 pm

Thats not true really Glennon, definalty from what I can see on the site there are members from all over Ireland, some from the UK, even America. I'm sure there will be runs all over the country this year.
I see from the IMOC fourms you going on a Run to Longford to take in a visit to the Midlands Motor Club round of the Hewison National Autotest Championship, should be a good one. :wink:
[IMG]http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa212/Starrywalsh/Party-Hard.gif[/img]
Starrywalsh

Postby glennon16 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:59 am

im not tryin to start an argument on the forum but it would be nice to see some action this end of the country. i do acknowledge theres members there is members all over the country. as im only new to the mini only in the last year or. so i wouldnt be up to organising a run as im only 18 and wouldnt really know how to g about it. but if a few would get together and come up with a good run to suit everyone. any ideas????

i couldnt make the longford unfortunatly with imoc...
glennon16
Just Joined!

Postby irlmin » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:35 pm

We are planning some events near Dublin this year as we have an ever increasing membership in that region , some of the members travel for runs etc but I agree that it would be good to have some based in various regions around the country and it will happen , when We do it it will be done correctly and professionally as We always have done . so keep an eye on here I am sure we will see you in 08 on an event .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby Derfinn » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:59 am

Would love to help organise something in the North Eastern Quadrent!

I'd be very green to this thing as well, I do flash and wave at other MINI drivers, but up here people speed by, as if I'm on day release!!!

I was thinking of a coast trip up from Drogheda by Dundalk and into Carlingford. There's a nice hotel up there now, which could be a possible pit stop!

So, Northern Brethern, what'd you think?????
Derfinn

Postby Step_7 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:01 am

Did a wee run round the Carlingford area 2 days after Christmas - I'd certainly come down again for a run out - great roads and scenery! Plenty of good eating houses in Carlingford itself too.

Info and pictures here: http://miniclub.ie/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1368&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Step_7

Postby irlmin » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:05 pm

Good plan Derek , We will have a chat about a run next week as things are hectic here at the moment with final plans for Our annual dinner / party which of course you should think about popping down to Cork for on Saturday !! don't worry about not having experience of orgnising a run as there are lots of People in the Club who will help You with your 1st one .
Gerard
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby Derfinn » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:40 pm

Thanks Gerard!

That would be great!
Would love to head to Cork.....it's been years since I've been down there (we're talking years here - haven't made it past Fermoy since 2003), but unfortunately this weekend is not likely.

Cheers for the pics, Step! It look great! I love it when it is misty around that area, adds a dramatic feel to the place. Pity I wasn't a member back then, it would have been greta to be there too!!

Definately next time!
Derfinn

Postby pinkmini » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:59 pm

dublin run-I wanna show off my new wheels! :oops:
pinkmini
I'm becoming a MINI adict

Postby Mini-MoMo » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:17 pm

Derfinn wrote:
I do flash and wave at other MINI drivers, but up here people speed by, as if I'm on day release!!!

I was told that proud mini owners flash and wave, but Im the exact same Derfinn! They just look blankly at you and give you the "sorry, you dont know me, wrong person, darh-ling" look!!!

Maybe this is just in Dublin?!?!?
I suppose, there are a larger amount of Daddy's D4 girls driving MINI's in this region of the country, comparred to anywhere else! lol...

Only kidding :toothy8: :toothy8: :toothy8:
Mini-MoMo
Getting used to the place

Return to Board index

Return to Club Events