Go to footer

The Irish Job III - Sat 6th and Sun 7th Sept 08

Our forum for planning and announcing events - plenty of info here on finished events too. Keep an eye on this forum so you can have a great outing in your Mini with the rest of the Club!

Moderator: MiniMpi

Postby nylo » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:35 pm

Evening all!

Bit of a stranger round these parts, and I've lost a DS S and gained a Checkmate since I last logged on, but still alive and very much kicking in the corner here! :D

Just to give you guys the heads up that the Irish Job III is in the offing, currently looking at Sat 6th and Sun 7th September.

No major details as yet, but we're probably looking at a three day run to be able to take in the Sperrins and Donegal.

Register your interest here, or over on mini2:
http://www.mini2.com/forum/uk-ireland-d ... -08-a.html

Would be wonderful to see some of you at it 8)

Ferg
Alvie
Last edited by nylo on Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
nylo
I'm becoming a MINI adict

Postby MiniMpi » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:37 pm

Congrats on the Checkmate Nylo-Very 8)
Run sounds great,
will have to see closer to the time :wink:
Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby nylo » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:40 pm

Thanks Fergal :wink:

I know it's very far away, but I've got a lot on between now and then, not least a couple of trips to England with the Checkmate...

Give us time to arrange something brill anyway:lol:
nylo

Postby 1lightningd » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:23 pm

I'm there babe! Were have you been I was getting worried 8O . Congrads on the new motor. And at least your old S has gone to a good home where it will be very muched loved :P
1lightningd
MCOI Founding Member

Location: London. 2012 picking up a gold medal for Kazakhstan

Postby 1lightningd » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:33 pm

There should be a few of us going up this year after the glowing reports that myself and Niall gave it last year :wink:
1lightningd
MCOI Founding Member

Postby nylo » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:44 pm

What about ye Alvie? Niall has come up with a few really good ideas, so it should be a great few days!

Might even have to persuade Aiden out of retirement for this one... :lol:
nylo

Postby 1lightningd » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:48 pm

nylo wrote:Niall has come up with a few really good ideas, :

8O 8O 8O ........Should we be afraid :?:
1lightningd
MCOI Founding Member

Postby Step_7 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:58 pm

No need to worry........ :twisted:
Step_7
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby irlmin » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:48 pm

I will be out of the Country on those dates , sorry Guys and I really wanted to do this , Alvie has done a good 'sales' job on the event following his visit last year .
Gerard
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby nylo » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:59 pm

Ger, I'm really sorry about that. I've got a lot on over the summer, and there are also a few MINIs thinking of coming from England, so I wanted to give them time to plan, and also get whatever reduced rate off-peak prices they could on ferries... :|
nylo

Postby DerekJ » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:29 am

8O Ireland again ? can we cope ? :roll:

..............................yep :wink:
DerekJ

Location: When we're not in Cork, it would be Yorkshire, which is slightly East of Ireland

Postby nylo » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:23 pm

Good man, D :D

Your wife did tell me I should use my feminine wiles on you, but it doesn't look like it's going to come to that (thank goodness, for both of us! :P :lol: )
nylo

Postby DerekJ » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:37 pm

:oops: :oops: :oops:
DerekJ

Location: When we're not in Cork, it would be Yorkshire, which is slightly East of Ireland

hey

Postby madredhead » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:32 pm

hey gang i will be der all goin well. but i mit be drivin another mini my bro will drive the mini i have now. well dats if my one is down t me on time..... :P :P :P
madredhead

Postby nylo » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:01 pm

Good evening guys,

Got a little more info on the run since I last logged in here. This is taken from MINI2, so sorry for the laziness!

The third Irish Job is almost upon us! And it's going to be better than ever. It will take place on Saturday 6th and Sunday 7th September 2008.

Initial thoughts suggest we might take in the Sperrins and Donegal, so there should be some stunning scenery and wonderful roads - and should be the makings of a wonderful couple of days!

Edit (25/2) Having spoken to Ryan in David Prentice MINI earlier, they would be keen to support us again this year in some shape or form, so you know where to spend all those spare funds, guys

EDIT: (6/8) With the dates approaching quickly, this year's IJ is up and running. After speaking to Niall, we have decided to make this into a 2 day run, rather than a 3-dayer as I appreciate that time and money is precious to everyone at the moment.

It will kick off on Saturday morning first thing from David Prentice MINI in Portadown, finishing in Londonderry.

The Sunday run will set off from Derry at 11.30 am and most likely take in some of Inishowen, a truly stunning part of Ireland Estimated finish time of 5pm with a lunch stop somewhere, in (JP's words) the back ar$e of nowhere!

Run set off times will be confirmed within the next couple of weeks!

UPDATE 12th AUG 08: HOTEL INFO FOR SATURDAY NIGHT IN DERRY

Either book online at http://www.cityhotelderry.com/ or give them a call (02871365800)

JP recommends this hotel highly, and it's an ideal location for the Irish Job, it's within 5 min walk to the city centre, resturants are again all within walking distance, and it's only 10 mins from the starting point on Sunday.

The prices quoted on the website are the best they can offer, there is a pre-pay rate but they only have 4 rooms which are eligable at this price £96 B&B Double & £83 Single B&B these are on a first come first served bases and could all be gone very quickly. The standard prices are Double £104B&B, Single £97B&B and as of today there are only 20 rooms left.

As there are a number of events on in Derry this weekend, you'd be well advised to book your room ASAP, as rooms are scarce throughout the city!

A few people have mentioned parking, this hotel has 40 underground spaces, though this is on a first come first served basis. There is a pay/dispay (Free on sat evening / sun) directly opposite the hotel, where there would be ample room for parking.

:cheers:

Hope some of you can make it :joker:
nylo

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Club Events