Go to footer

MTI 2008

Our forum for planning and announcing events - plenty of info here on finished events too. Keep an eye on this forum so you can have a great outing in your Mini with the rest of the Club!

Moderator: MiniMpi

Postby Derfinn » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:11 pm

And on a happier note, we're already a week closer to MTI 2009!
Derfinn
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby 1lightningd » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:27 pm

Derfinn wrote:Yea, fair play about the cds!
Declan and myself are always rowing about who gets to plug in their MP3 player, so the cd put an end to that for a while!
Well done Pat! You must have great patience!
Never got the full set ( :( ) would have liked to have heard the tracks on the girlie disc!!!

P.M. me your address and I'll sort one for you :wink:
1lightningd
MCOI Founding Member

Location: London. 2012 picking up a gold medal for Kazakhstan

Remember me from Dingle??

Postby ASTROKelli » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:04 pm

Hello everyone! Well, we have returned back home, reunited with my own Cooper, Astro (yes, I named him), recovering from our two week tour of Ireland where we met all you great MINI people in Dingle. Remember?? I've been searching the website and haven't seen the picture of me, as promised. Hmpf.

Anyway, my car is a disaster after a rain/dust storm so as soon as I wash it, I will put my miniclub.ie plate on it and get some pictures. I promise. In the meantime, happy motoring!! :D
ASTROKelli
Getting used to the place

Postby 1lightningd » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:22 pm

Hi Kelli, I was one of the lads who meet you in Dingle. We are still waiting for speed to post the picture of us. Did you enjoy your holiday? And I hope the concert that ye were going was worth missing the party of the decade for?
Anyway welcome to the site of the worlds best Mini club and get those pictures of Astro up for us all to have a look at :lol: . Alvin
1lightningd
MCOI Founding Member

Postby NickyJ » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:51 pm

Hi Kelli

I remember meeting you, I have the Astro Black Convertible :D

Glad you had a good holiday, see you next year? :wink:
NickyJ

Postby ASTROKelli » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:06 pm

Yea, you remembered! :)

We had a BLAST. Was fun to see some of you again on the road and at the petrol station later (somewhere between Kenmare and Glengariff?) I shed a tear or two (rather, I threw a fit) at the airport when we were leaving Dublin. I didn't want to leave. I was happy to get back into my car, but other than that I have not yet muttered "it's good to be home".

Highlights were Achill Island drive, Loop Head Peninsula on a clear blue sunny day, meeting all of you in Dingle!!! Seeing an old friend in Killarney and drinking until we could no longer stand, having money left over in the budget by the time we got to Dublin so we could go on a shopping spree (3 new pairs of shoes!).

Luckily my husband fell in love with Ireland the way I did a few years ago on my first trip. We will be back, without a doubt.

I had some trouble with my avatar, as you can see. I could lie and say my picture is actually of a nice red x on a white background, but you'd figure it out eventually.

Where/how do I post pictures? I have just a couple of ASTRO after he got his stripes.
ASTROKelli

Postby MiniMpi » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:22 pm

Welcome Kelli :wink:
If you have photobucket it is quite easy, just copy and paste the links for the photos into a new post and that's it!
Fergal.
Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby ASTROKelli » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:56 pm

ASTROKelli

Postby Derfinn » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:02 am

1lightningd wrote:P.M. me your address and I'll sort one for you :wink:

Cheers Alvin!
When the PMs are sorted out, I'll send it on!
Thanks a million!
Derfinn

Postby iwanagofast » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:34 pm

Hello again Kelli, if you look below the photo you'll see IMG code. Click on that box, it'll auto copy and then paste it in your post/ signature link.
[img:321:240]http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t296/iwanagofast/MINI%20and%20focus/100_0300-1-1-1.jpg[/img]
iwanagofast

Postby MiniMpi » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:37 pm

Lovely looking R56 Kelli 8)
Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby Speedd » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:44 am

1lightningd wrote:Hi Kelli, I was one of the lads who meet you in Dingle. We are still waiting for speed to post the picture of us. Did you enjoy your holiday? And I hope the concert that ye were going was worth missing the party of the decade for?
Anyway welcome to the site of the worlds best Mini club and get those pictures of Astro up for us all to have a look at :lol: . Alvin

that's Speedd or Don to you OB :wink:

Ciaooooo Kelli 8) Welcome and here's the hottie pic :oops:

I had to use a special wide angle lens for our friend Alvi aka OB :cry: :P
Speedd

Postby ASTROKelli » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:36 am

Hey, look, there I am (and will the guys in the picture please identify yourselves)! But we're covering up the car! That's the best part of the picture!!
ASTROKelli

Our first MINI

Postby ASTROKelli » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:50 am

This was our first MINI, named NEKE (for our two first names, Neal and Kelli, get it?). We were so proud. But we moved to Arizona and wanted a convertible, so we sold NEKE and got a Honda S2000. Yawwwnnnn....boring car. Sent him back and got ASTRO.

Sorry, I know this is your finished events forum, not sure where you want me to post these things. Just point me in the right direction and give me a shove. :)
ASTROKelli

Postby 1lightningd » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:53 am

I'm the handsome guy on the left (Alvin) on the old man on the right is Niall. :lol:
1lightningd
MCOI Founding Member

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Club Events