Go to footer

Yorkshire Run - Sunday 13th July 2008

Our forum for planning and announcing events - plenty of info here on finished events too. Keep an eye on this forum so you can have a great outing in your Mini with the rest of the Club!

Moderator: MiniMpi

Postby NickyJ » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:10 pm

I hope you can make it Ger, apparently Harrogate is all booked up hotel-wise but we'll find you somewhere :)
NickyJ
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby irlmin » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:27 pm

Why is Harrogate always booked up when We are about to visit ? is someone trying to tell us something ? , I will check around and I am sure I will find something .

G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby NickyJ » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:10 pm

You can have our sofa if all else fails Ger :lol:

I'd offer you a bed but we've already got Andrea from America staying, I think you've met her? :)
NickyJ

Postby DerekJ » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:36 pm

just in case there is some of you trying to make a last minute decision about coming over to enjoy a little bit of this ...?

the infamous Buttertubs Pass awaits....... :wink:
DerekJ

Location: When we're not in Cork, it would be Yorkshire, which is slightly East of Ireland

Postby Step_7 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:30 pm

And some video of last year too! :)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9yr60nWjxDA&hl=en"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9yr60nWjxDA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Those guard ropes on the side of the Buttertubs Pass seem awfully thin and low when you're close to them at speed and it looks a very long way down if you were to get it wrong! Amazing driving roads though... 8) 8)
Step_7

Postby DerekJ » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:06 pm

well done Niall - absolutely brilliant video, I don't remember Buttertubs being that fast 8O ........... well maybe the farmer in the Landrover will :lol:

not long to go now till the '08 run 8)
DerekJ

Location: When we're not in Cork, it would be Yorkshire, which is slightly East of Ireland

Postby NickyJ » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:21 pm

Not long at all 8O

Our US visitor is already here and looking forward to her first Yorkshire Run :wink:

Ger did you get my PM? As I said Woodmans don't do MINI hire anymore but I'm sure we could find you one somewhere :?
NickyJ

Postby Derfinn » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:28 pm

Good luck to all who make it to the Yorkshire run....
Would have loved to have made it, will have to plan the leave/cover arrangements better next year!
Have a great time! :)
Derfinn

Postby DerekJ » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:10 pm

well what can we say but a big Thank you to Gerard, Kevin and Timmy for their epic journey over here 8) ....... Aiden and Denise also took the easier option of flying over too :roll: ............ Carolyn is still here - tucking in :lol:

Yorkshire was clearly at it's best today weather wise, which clearly added to the grand day out :D :D

safe journey back ............ and we are pleased you all had a good time :wink:

pictures to follow......
DerekJ

Postby MiniMpi » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:17 pm

Great to hear ye all had a Fab time Derek :)
Looking forward to the photo's :wink:
Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby NickyJ » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:11 am

Ger, Timmy and Kevin thanks so much for making it over for the run today and the drinking and dodgems in the village last night :wink:

I think I have a good pic of the three of you somewhere, will post it up tomorrow :D
NickyJ

Postby irlmin » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:28 am

I am still 'wrecked' after the journey , we clocked up 1500 km , lots of highlights but the main ones had to be the scenery and brilliant roads , the comedy 'performance' by Timmy in the village pub , the sight of John Lancaster 'cruising ' down the street in his mint Celica 1600ST looking like something from a 70s movie :laughing5: and of course meeting some old friends and indeed some new ones . well done to Derek and Nicky for organising a fun and varied event , and oh yes !! good to see you adopted the 'tulip' diagrams for the route notes -------- very slick . We are already planning our return visit ---perhaps for a bit longer next time .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby ONED » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:46 am

Really am sorry we missed this ....AGAIN!!

.....but we make it yet!
Good to here you all had a great time ant the weather held out for ya!
Been busy as a very busy fecker here all weekend!
....Having a lie in the morning :cheers:
ONED

Postby swampette » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:29 pm

I'm so gutted I missed this trip...have already heard some of the highlights from Ger and I am GREEN with envy!!!
By all accounts, Nicky and Derek, ye put on a great show....well done!!!
And....especially gutted I missed Timmy's performance....we'll have to convince him to perform it again!!! :colors: :alien:
[IMG]http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz206/sarahedwardes/n752875704_7677792_196574.jpg[/IMG]
swampette

Postby ONED » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:18 pm

Tim being a LANGORRR! :drunken:
ONED

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Club Events