Go to footer

Mini in the Park 2006 - FINISHED

Our forum for planning and announcing events - plenty of info here on finished events too. Keep an eye on this forum so you can have a great outing in your Mini with the rest of the Club!

Moderator: MiniMpi

Will you come to Mini in the Park?

Yes
50%
No
21%
Maybe
29%

Total votes : 14

Postby ID » Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:48 am

nylo wrote:Ian, I think we are going Belfast to Stranraer and down that way. Haven't decided yet (ie asked the better half :roll: ) whether we leave on the Thursday or Friday.

Ferries are probably cheaper on the Thursday, plus it would allow us a more relaxed journey; both ferry departure time wise and meandering down, not to mention a quiet day on Friday, especially if we've a busy day on Saturday...

Back Monday I would think :wink:

Friday would probably be ok, but it just depends on work closer to the time tbh... I'll have to work on the other half too ;)

I presume you're going to take in the cotswolds and then on to Mini in the Park on the Sunday??
ID
Getting used to the place

Postby nylo » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:14 am

ID wrote:
nylo wrote:Ian, I think we are going Belfast to Stranraer and down that way. Haven't decided yet (ie asked the better half :roll: ) whether we leave on the Thursday or Friday.

Ferries are probably cheaper on the Thursday, plus it would allow us a more relaxed journey; both ferry departure time wise and meandering down, not to mention a quiet day on Friday, especially if we've a busy day on Saturday...

Friday would probably be ok, but it just depends on work closer to the time tbh... I'll have to work on the other half too ;)

I presume you're going to take in the cotswolds and then on to Mini in the Park on the Sunday??

Yep, we are indeed :) Looking forward to it, should be a spectacle :wink:
nylo
I'm becoming a MINI adict

Postby madbrummie » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:41 am

Stranraer is a LONG way north, probably be good to leave Thurs if you are doing that. Holyhead would be easier for you to do on the Friday.
madbrummie
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby Banana » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:49 am

madbrummie wrote:
Stranraer is a LONG way north, probably be good to leave Thurs if you are doing that. Holyhead would be easier for you to do on the Friday.

That was my thought, Thursday departure would probably be the best :)
Banana

Postby Lesley » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:08 am

i wish i was going :(
Lesley

Postby nylo » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:05 pm

madbrummie wrote:

It's very much 6 of one, half a dozen of the other, miles-wise, Brum, whether we go down to Dublin and across, or go the length of England from Scotland.

If we leave on Thursday, it just means everythings a lot more relaxed. Plus I've got 150 quid's worth of vouchers for the HSS, which will come in VERY useful! :)
nylo

Postby madbrummie » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:09 pm

just looked it up its 350 miles from Stranraer to Northampton, its a nice drive up there in Scotland tho.
madbrummie

Postby nylo » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:16 pm

Yeah, and I think by the time you go from Belfast to Dun Laoghaire, and form Holyhead to Northampton, it's very similar. Also, having spoken to several people, they didn't think much of the drive from Holyhead- lots of roads that you can't pass slow things on?

Thing is, if we go from Stranraer, we can meander down and stop somewhere halfway if we fancy, to break up the journey, and it will leave us with a bit of time on Friday to get to Northampton and have a look around there :)
nylo

Postby madbrummie » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:32 pm

Nowt to see in Northampton!

Depends which way you come down from Holyhead, the A5 through Wales can be a bit tricky to overtake on but it is possible. The other way is the A55 (Sunshine Highway) along the north coast of Wales, great scenery dual carriageway all the way to Chester then the M56 and M6 down from Manchester.
madbrummie

Postby nylo » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:01 pm

madbrummie wrote:Nowt to see in Northampton!

Depends which way you come down from Holyhead, the A5 through Wales can be a bit tricky to overtake on but it is possible. The other way is the A55 (Sunshine Highway) along the north coast of Wales, great scenery dual carriageway all the way to Chester then the M56 and M6 down from Manchester.
Now you're just confusing the issue :? :evil: :roll: :P
nylo

Postby madbrummie » Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:58 pm

just keeping you fully abreast of all options avaiable to you :p
madbrummie

Postby Banana » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:35 pm

madbrummie wrote:just keeping you fully abreast of all options avaiable to you :p

Tehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe :lol:
Banana

Postby AidenL » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:48 pm

madbrummie wrote:just keeping you fully abreast of all options avaiable to you :p

A breast? :?

Where ? :twisted:
AidenL
Site Admin

Postby nylo » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:08 pm

Oh, you children! :roll:
Last edited by nylo on Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nylo

Postby nylo » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:08 pm

Oh, you children! :roll:
nylo

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Club Events