Go to footer

MCOI meets Dublin

Our forum for planning and announcing events - plenty of info here on finished events too. Keep an eye on this forum so you can have a great outing in your Mini with the rest of the Club!

Moderator: MiniMpi

Postby Bawnee » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:21 pm

I've a friend up Baltinglass and up the Wicklow mountains. I'll ask them for some routes..... :) Yes and I'd be up to support that!! :)

P.S I'd also welcome a night in a log cabin!!!!!! So its all go for me!
Bawnee
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby 1lightningd » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:25 pm

Well there seems to be a demand for this event so go for it I'm well up for it.
1lightningd
MCOI Founding Member

Location: London. 2012 picking up a gold medal for Kazakhstan

Postby ken79 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:03 am

66mini wrote:Ken79: Well what do you think of them. I feel if you are in a club you take part and help organise if you can.

Cars are for being used. Attending car shows are fine but there is more to it i feel. I would be interested in the run to Antrim. The glens are great and with the Euro/Sterling deals are to be had.

66... I agree totally and its nice to have a bit more "backup" here from the "north east coast"... Im just a bit north from yourself! Was wonderin how long it would take to get some of the other site guys over to here!!!
Last edited by ken79 on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
[img:360:76]http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll244/bebospy/2932016390a5237598833l-5-1.jpg[/img]
ken79

Postby ken79 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:06 am

Owen wrote:Can I bring my banjo Pat and play the deliverance theme music?

Is this a relation of yours Owen???...... YOU SURE DO HAVE A PURETY MOUTH BOY!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What banjo do ya play??

I mess with a deering goodtime g banjo... IN Fact i was asked to LEAVE a music shop in Rock Hill SC for playin the same tune!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
[img:360:76]http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll244/bebospy/2932016390a5237598833l-5-1.jpg[/img]
ken79

Postby 66mini » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:41 pm

Ken79 and the rest, how about a social get together . With the M50 the members from the Northside could meet up with the ones travelling up from Wexford /Waterford . Dun Laoghaire / Bray have several Hotels able to handle our little group.

Founder members could help start a regional group in the Dublin /East coast area and so lets see some WW, LH, D cars in the pics. even kildare

Any takers ?
66mini
Just Joined!

Postby Owen » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:06 am

Unfortunately, we're not really in a position to form a Dublin, or Galway sect of the MCOI. One of the founding tenets of the Club when we met as a committee, was that there would always be only one committee, that way, we can serve the best interests of the members, and keep the Club steered in the right direction. I've been a member of bike clubs, and car clubs, where there were regional committees, and it literally only took months before there were splits and disagreements. It was like watching the life of Brian ... "Are you the Judean People's Front?", "F*ck off, we're the People's Judean Front".

I think what is more likely in the long term, is a regional rep as a point of contact for the organisation of runs, cinema nights, etc.
Owen
Founding Member & Site Admin

Postby 66mini » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:53 am

I agree, i was thinking that one of your wexford/waterford founder members could assist a local rep and do NOT split the club.

This would mean that the events could still be covered and members in the East and West could feel part of the bigger club in their own area.

It would also mean that there is agreater varity of weekend events organised at a local level such as the Blessington or border area . Weekend run to Donagal anyone!!
66mini
Just Joined!

Postby skapegoat » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:51 pm

Id be up for a run anywhere named... anyone around this weekend for a small meeting and head to wicklow?
skapegoat
I'm becoming a MINI adict

Postby minilady » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:35 pm

just did a run to wicklow,bit boring as we were the only mini though, would love any kinda run just give us a bit of notice. :bounce:
minilady
Getting used to the place

Postby Mini-MoMo » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:45 pm

As Im only a newbie and am a Dub (who is courting a Cork boy for my sins... :help: lol!!) I'd love to join some peoples on a run up around these parts for my first time... ha ha, yes that's right, Im a run virgin...! lol...

:newb:
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Ps I think Im goin to get sacked thanks to discovering this site!!! Ah well, at least I could just drive around all day then, no worries in the world! :wav:
Mini-MoMo
Getting used to the place

Postby AdyP » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:42 am

Crikey, I'm offline for a few weeks and suddenly I'm in demand!! :)

Sorry all, have been very busy recently going on holiday and then with work so I've barely had a chance to visit the site let alone look at planning a run.

OK so it looks like there is a need for a run around these parts so I will get on planning it today. Not 100% sure when to plan it for, possibly in the next 3-4 weeks depending on work.

What is everyone looking for, just a day of running around the mountains or an overnight thing?

Will update you all as it goes.

Adrian
AdyP

Postby Owen » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:35 am

Most of the Cork Crew are away in France at the end of August/Early sept. I'm not unfortunately (Lucky gits), but it you could reorganise for the end of Sept Adrian, you'd get a much better turnout.
Owen
Founding Member & Site Admin

Postby Derfinn » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:38 am

Hi Adrian,

After the fun and frolics of my first run in MTI, I'm hooked. :happy2:
If you need any assistance in organising, I'm offering my services as PA! :grommit:

Can help out with most of August, but early Sept is impossible.

Der.
Derfinn

Postby AdyP » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:31 pm

Well, end of September would work well to maximise the run. I'll see how it's going.

Der...I have very demanding requirements of my PAs...you may feel slightly soiled by the end of this... :o)
AdyP

Re:

Postby Derfinn » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:36 pm

Oooooh eeeererrrrrrr!

So long as I won't end up saying things like 'All the blue M&Ms are now incenerated, Mr Parry Sir', I could give it a shot!!!!
Derfinn

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Club Events