Go to footer

Scottish Mini Splash Day 2009

Our forum for planning and announcing events - plenty of info here on finished events too. Keep an eye on this forum so you can have a great outing in your Mini with the rest of the Club!

Moderator: MiniMpi

Scottish Mini Splash Day 2009

Postby Starrywalsh » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:02 pm

Hi,

I'm posting up this event information for Kayley over at Cumbria Mini Cruisers... Its not until Apr 09, I am thinking about going as I was never at a mini run/event in the UK.

Dear Mini Club,

Cumbria Mini Cruisers would like to invite you and your mini club along to the Scottish Mini Splash Dash 2009. We currently have 250 places waiting to be filled by both classic and BMW mini owners from all over Europe.

The Scottish Mini Splash Dash 2009 will be held in the Scottish Borders, at Lauder. Here we have located the most beautiful, breathtaking picturesque Castle, set in a location with panoramic views, fresh country air, outstanding scenery and some amazing wildlife. We know that Thirlestane Castle will have you memorised by its shear and utter beauty.

Scottish Mini Splash Dash

We would like both Classic and BMW mini owners to enjoy a full Bank Holiday weekend away from home. Set up camp along side Thirlestane Castle, sit back and relax while other mini owners arrive, or take a look around the beautifully restored castle rooms, some of which hold the most unique plasterwork ceilings in Scotland. Walk around the stunning gardens or sit and have a bite to eat in the castles café.

Wake up early and see the sunrise over Thirlestane or listen to the birds in the morning, take part in our Treasure Hunt or Rolling Road that have planned. With a kid’s outdoor play area open all day at Thirlestane castle we can guarantee that the kid’s wont get bored, not only that but they can take part in the ‘’Find the Eagles’’ competition and be in with a chance to win a prize.

Sit back under our large marquee at night and enjoy a glass or wine or a beer with our special Hog Roast and BBQ Night, male and female toilet and shower blocks will provided with hot and cold water, enter our charity raffle or play with some of our large outdoor garden games. After a long jam–packed day, head to bed under the stars and wake up to a beautiful new day full of driving.

Take part in the unforgettable Scottish Mini Splash Dash Run, experience some of the most scenic roads in the Scottish Borders, and pass through some of the smallest villages. Breath in the fresh county air, stop for a bite to eat in a local pub or take pictures of the stunning scenery along the way. Not to forget – test out your splash guard through some of the best splashes in the Borders.

‘’We hope you’ll bring the WD40’’

Ticket Prices:

£12 a ticket – One mini, Driver and Navigator
£2 Each - For extra passengers
(Under 16’s free of charge)

Camping Prices: Payable at the entrance gate, on arrival. (All camping money goes to Thirlestane Castle)

Camping Prices:

£9 a night - Two people and a tent

£3 a night - one extra person in a tent

£6 a night - One person and a tent

The Scottish Mini Splash Dash Guide Lines:

The Scottish Mini Splash Dash Run' route is not a race, we ask everyone who attends to take into consideration on-coming traffic, wildlife, narrow roads and tracks and to be aware that pheasants have a mid of there own!! There is no time limit on this run, so feel free to stop any where you like along this run but be aware that standard driving laws are abided by at all times.

We look forward to hearing back to you soon; it would be much appreciated if you could post this event up on your mini forum for other mini owners to look at.
[IMG]http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa212/Starrywalsh/Party-Hard.gif[/img]
Starrywalsh
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby 1lightningd » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:52 pm

It sure sounds like fun Mark.
1lightningd
MCOI Founding Member

Location: London. 2012 picking up a gold medal for Kazakhstan

Postby Bawnee » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:03 pm

That's a great invite in fairness!! Camping.......mmmmmm!!!!! LOL! :joker:
Bawnee

Postby Step_7 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:24 pm

I've too many UK trips to pay for next year already unfortunately - sounds like a good weekend, maybe 2010! ;)
Step_7

Postby ken79 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:06 am

Sounds great. Think i might make this one. Camping in Scotland in April..... Extra clothing essential!!
[img:360:76]http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll244/bebospy/2932016390a5237598833l-5-1.jpg[/img]
ken79

Return to Board index

Return to Club Events