Go to footer

Wicklow Mini Challenge

Our forum for planning and announcing events - plenty of info here on finished events too. Keep an eye on this forum so you can have a great outing in your Mini with the rest of the Club!

Moderator: MiniMpi

Postby swampette » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:47 pm

Awh...I'm sorry to hear that Derek...you poor thing...hope everything works out with your apartment - it's a terrible thing to happen but at least it's fixable!! Really sorry to hear you won't make it....Best of luck Derek

:1icon_frown: Sarah
[IMG]http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz206/sarahedwardes/n752875704_7677792_196574.jpg[/IMG]
swampette
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby Bawnee » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:58 pm

Derek, you'll be missed but understand completely! Take care my friend.
Bawnee

Re:

Postby Derfinn » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:08 am

Cheers folks....
There's been some good news, have now been upgraded from Refugee to Tenant, so the weekend will consist of flaking around the North East pricing tiles/appliances and floors!
Hope to have all quotes to the insurance company by early next week, but at least there seems to be some movement!
Enjoy the weekend everyone, really gutted that I can't make it, but I hope that you all have a great time.
Derfinn

Postby 1lightningd » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:36 am

Call down at some stage if you can Derek, in the evening for an hour or two.
1lightningd
MCOI Founding Member

Location: London. 2012 picking up a gold medal for Kazakhstan

Postby madbrummie » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:22 pm

Have a good weekend all :)
madbrummie

Postby AdyP » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:48 pm

Really sorry you will not make it Derek, good luck with the tile hunting!

Location of Start on Saturday, lunch 12:30 at Wicklow Heather. Carry on past small petrol station on right heading towards Glendalough, it is on your left.

[img:800:600]http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k26/misterparry/SaturdayStart1014x760.jpg[/img]
AdyP

Postby Starrywalsh » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:23 pm

Lads its some day for polishing - im out all day - im even underneath cleaning her!!! To bad we aint having a show!! Hope the roads to this place are good, I dont want all my time and effort ruined!!
[IMG]http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa212/Starrywalsh/Party-Hard.gif[/img]
Starrywalsh

Postby bennyx_o » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:38 pm

I'm only after getting back to the house so I doubt I'll make it to the camp site this evening, and tomorrows looking less likely too with my parents needing a lift home from the airport. Might try make it on Sunday though, depending on Saturday nights plans
bennyx_o
Just Joined!

Postby Starrywalsh » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:40 pm

I was just talking to Ger - seems like the session has kicked off early by the sounds of the backround noise :1icon_eek: see ye all tomorrow :)
[IMG]http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa212/Starrywalsh/Party-Hard.gif[/img]
Starrywalsh

Postby irlmin » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:02 pm

Well guys ,
just back home after a brilliant weekend , It was a relevation to me to see such brilliant and interesting roads so close to the nations capital city , yet so quiet , its been many years since I drove over sally Gap , Aughavana etc etc and I was amazed how good the roads were . it certainly opened My eyes and watch this space for a major event next year , thenks to Adrian, Charles and Lynn for organising a brilliant route over the 2 Days and the social element was as usual ' legendary ' . I am sure there are lots of pics to come when everyone gets their energy back !!! Niall ( Step 7 ) even took in part of a triathalon on the way down to Wicklow there is dedication ( or lunacy ) for you . again thanks to Adrian ( Blue-Zed) for everything and you know what you have started ------ there is no escape now --- we will be back .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby swampette » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:09 pm

Well lads...just made it back myself!! Absolutely shattered so will post up my pics during the week. Just popped online to say a huge thanks to Adrian, Charles and Lynn for putting together a fantastic weekend. Seriously, Adrian, you put in a huge amount of time and effort into organising the run and it paid off. The roads were amazing - had never travelled on those roads before so was a great opportunity to break in my new tyres!!!!

The social scene was as usual, on top form - with the usual entertainers!!!
Oh..and thank you to Siobhan for the gorgeous Baileys cheesecake - delicious!!!!
Well, thanks again to Adrian - you've set the standard very high....who's next guys!!!!!??
Will post up pics this week.
Sarah :king:
[IMG]http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz206/sarahedwardes/n752875704_7677792_196574.jpg[/IMG]
swampette

Postby Bawnee » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:13 pm

What Sarah said.. I really enjoyed the Run! The weather was great too, and as for the cheesecake, there is more where that came from!! Thanks Adrian, Lynn and Charles..It was just great, I've always wanted to explore the Wicklow hills and that decorated tree was just so funny!! Accommodation was great, off the beaten track and cosy. Again thanks to one and all for making it another great run...... and many more to come! ! ! :D
Bawnee

Postby Owen » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:11 pm

Did 66Mini go after all the encouragement from him about having a Dublin run? In fairness, he did prompt us all to get up off our asses. And by us I mean Adrian :1icon_blackeye:
Owen
Founding Member & Site Admin

Postby AdyP » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:29 pm

Thanks very much for coming all you guys, sorry many did not make it as it was a great run. I enjoyed the roads for the first time myself without having to stop and make notes!!

We even managed to take in some of the Yorkshire Dales and our very own Little Green Hell on the road between Laragh and Rathrum;)

There was also this amazing waterfall that went all the way to the bottom...that was a revelation to all of us!

Alvin, as always your bedtime stories are legendary.

I think it would be a great idea to have more runs up this way and in the surrounding areas to keep things fresh. I am sure we can find accommodation that can live it to the very hig standards of this weekend, no need to go to France to find such luxury :king:

Owen, the Leader of the "Hassle Adrian Society" was unfortunately not there this time, perhaps next if he keeps in touch.
AdyP

Postby leyland » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:47 pm

Adrian,
Sounds like it was a Fab weekend, Well done on holding the event.
Sorry I missed it this time,
Regards
Leyland
leyland
MCOI Founding Member

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Club Events