Go to footer

Nurburgring Sept. 30th - Oct. 4th

Our forum for planning and announcing events - plenty of info here on finished events too. Keep an eye on this forum so you can have a great outing in your Mini with the rest of the Club!

Moderator: MiniMpi

Postby irlmin » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:00 pm

madbrummie wrote:When i went it was damp and no bikes to worry about, it was intersting in the wet, but good fun aslong as you didn't push yourself. It can bite you in the ass can that place. Scary as feck 8O

Thats an understatement Chris , as well as biting You in the ass it can also leave a BIG hole in Your pocket , People don't realise if You crash and damage the Armco or Track and have to call recovery and ambulance etc YOU PAY ! , One Guy damaged Armco and closed track for 30 mins had to pay stg £ 15000 Yes fifteen thousand pounds . also be prepared for a battle with your insurance company if You want your Car repaired , some are now putting in exclusions for the Ring in particular OR 'derestricted' toll roads which is what the Ring is , if Your policy has no restrictions like this they HAVE to pay up as the local Police accident report will show the accident happened on a 'national road ' it is certain the insurance company have to pay up for 3rd party claims BUT comp might be a battle . a very good resource for Ring visits is Ben Lovejoy's site www.nurburgring.org.uk .
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby 1lightningd » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:20 pm

They d'ont call it "The Green Hell" for nothing! My first time around, I came across 4 climate changes.Wet, then fog, then dry, and then sunny, but what a laugh. Cant wait for this one :lol:
1lightningd
MCOI Founding Member

Location: London. 2012 picking up a gold medal for Kazakhstan

Postby irlmin » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:38 am

1lightningd wrote:They d'ont call it "The Green Hell" for nothing! My first time around, I came across 4 climate changes.Wet, then fog, then dry, and then sunny, but what a laugh. Cant wait for this one :lol:

And that was only in the Hotel Bar !!!
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby 1lightningd » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:40 am

:lol:
1lightningd
MCOI Founding Member

Postby irlmin » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:05 pm

Will Audi have 'hospitality ' there for Your visit ? I personally doubt it after the last time :wink: :wink:
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby madbrummie » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:10 pm

irlmin wrote:
madbrummie wrote:When i went it was damp and no bikes to worry about, it was intersting in the wet, but good fun aslong as you didn't push yourself. It can bite you in the ass can that place. Scary as feck 8O

Thats an understatement Chris , as well as biting You in the ass it can also leave a BIG hole in Your pocket , People don't realise if You crash and damage the Armco or Track and have to call recovery and ambulance etc YOU PAY ! , One Guy damaged Armco and closed track for 30 mins had to pay stg £ 15000 Yes fifteen thousand pounds . also be prepared for a battle with your insurance company if You want your Car repaired , some are now putting in exclusions for the Ring in particular OR 'derestricted' toll roads which is what the Ring is , if Your policy has no restrictions like this they HAVE to pay up as the local Police accident report will show the accident happened on a 'national road ' it is certain the insurance company have to pay up for 3rd party claims BUT comp might be a battle . a very good resource for Ring visits is Ben Lovejoy's site www.nurburgring.org.uk .

I know one of our group experienced it 8O
madbrummie
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby irlmin » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:12 pm

Woops I bet He remembers that one . :cry: :cry:
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby timmydamini » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:55 pm

Ferries & accommodation booked.

Alvin and Steve flying out, I'll be glad of the support crew.

Hope I can keep the Mini out of the barriers.
timmydamini
Club Leader

Postby 1lightningd » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:08 am

Flights booked 120euro return for two of us, not bad. Just need to get a motor now. I'm thinking about a new Audi A4 Avant tdi, well Audi were so good to us last time, I may aswell return the favour. :wink: :wink: :wink:
1lightningd
MCOI Founding Member

Postby 1lightningd » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:17 am

Anyone else interested in going on this trip?
1lightningd
MCOI Founding Member

Postby irlmin » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:59 am

1lightningd wrote:Flights booked 120euro return for two of us, not bad. Just need to get a motor now. I'm thinking about a new Audi A4 Avant tdi, well Audi were so good to us last time, I may aswell return the favour. :wink: :wink: :wink:

I don't think Audi will ever know HOW good they were to Ye , Brilliant hospitality .
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby 1lightningd » Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:09 pm

Is there a story to be posted here? :wink: :wink: :wink:
1lightningd
MCOI Founding Member

Postby VolcanoAndy » Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:37 pm

1lightningd wrote: Just need to get a motor now.

theres a place just down the road from the ring that rent out an e36 m3 and an e36 318is, fully road legal race prepared, cage and all, you get helmets too, i'll try find out more for you if you like
VolcanoAndy
I'm becoming a MINI adict

Postby irlmin » Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:47 pm

VolcanoAndy wrote:

theres a place just down the road from the ring that rent out an e36 m3 and an e36 318is, fully road legal race prepared, cage and all, you get helmets too, i'll try find out more for you if you like

Bet they won't have a helmet for Alvie's head !
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby MiniMpi » Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:06 pm

irlmin wrote:
VolcanoAndy wrote:

Bet they won't have a helmet for Alvie's head !

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry Alvie :!:
Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Club Events