Go to footer

IMM Classic & Official Mini 50 Anniversary Celebrations

Our forum for planning and announcing events - plenty of info here on finished events too. Keep an eye on this forum so you can have a great outing in your Mini with the rest of the Club!

Moderator: MiniMpi

Postby leyland » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:48 pm

Thanks for the good wishes, Should be a once off event. Still not to late to plan going to the event, The mini 50 should be easy to get into on the day. IMM needs a little more planning.

Leyland
Yes we can.
leyland
MCOI Founding Member

Postby iwanagofast » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:32 pm

Nah I can't I was supposed to be going back to sea so money has gone elsewhere.
[img:321:240]http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t296/iwanagofast/MINI%20and%20focus/100_0300-1-1-1.jpg[/img]
iwanagofast
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby bomber01 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:43 pm

Some more answers to questions :----
Q. When can we enter the IMM 2009 site?
A. You will be able to enter the IMM 2009 on Wednesday 5th August to set up tents etc.
There will be limited facilities i.e. only toilets and possibly limited food and drinks.
This is being offered to try to help with staggering the booking in times.

Q. What types of cars are allowed into IMM2009?
A. All types of Mini are allowed, and their derivatives, i.e. Classic Mini ,BMW MINI, Mokes.

Other vehicles such as Motorhomes, caravans etc. are allowed, but if they are not
booked in with a club they may be asked to park in a different area.
[IMG]http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc67/lancasterj/IMG_2173.jpg[/IMG]
bomber01
Club Treasurer

Postby leyland » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:14 am

Countdown, 4 days to go, Hope the weather improves for the IMM & mini 50th events. Just putting the finishing plans in place for MCOI members who are travelling. Remember to put in a few extra ground pegs if you are camping & of course the wellies. But it seems the end of week forcast is for better conditions.More updates during the week.

Leyland
Yes we can.
leyland
MCOI Founding Member

Postby irlmin » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:36 am

Best of luck to all travelling , hope the weather is kind but I am sure the show will go on anyway and everyone will have a ball ( remember the MUD bath in Scotland a few years ago and everyone still had a good time )
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby bomber01 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:32 am

Thanks for the good wishes Ger, .. nothing can be as bad as the mud
in Scotland that year, Must remember to pack welly's all the same to save time going around gardening centres. lol lol

john
bomber01
Club Treasurer

Postby leyland » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:33 am

Anyone tell JL to pack his wellies. Eugene's car could become famous if we have a repeat campsite mud driving performance of Kinross.

Leyland
Yes we can.
leyland
MCOI Founding Member

Postby swampette » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:01 pm

Best of luck to everyone travelling to this event!! Fingers crossed the weather will be lovely.... and should warn the hotel about Eugene's habit of smoking in the bedroom! Enjoy the event lads and make sure you take lots of pics!
[IMG]http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz206/sarahedwardes/n752875704_7677792_196574.jpg[/IMG]
swampette

Postby bomber01 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:28 am

Some of the events at Mini 50...
Russ Swift
Russ Swift will be performing on Saturday and Sunday

Hall of Fame
The events of the weekend will be as much about the cars as the people who were involved with them

Concours d'Elegance
This will be part of the Mini 50 Show. A full concours competiton.

Charity Auction
The Ace Cafe Italian Job Charity Night has become one of the major annual events in the UK Mini calendar, raising thousands of pounds each year for The Italian Job supported charities.

Autotest Competition
Using a car supplied by the organisers. A trophy will be awarded for the fastest male and fastest female.

Reverse Steering Car Competition
With a car supplied by the organisers which has a steering system that when you turn the steering wheel to the RIGHT the wheels turn to the LEFT and when you turn to the RIGHT the wheels turn to the LEFT. There will be a trophy for the fastest male and the fastest female over the weekend. The car will also be used in some way with the CLUB games. But we are not giving too many secrets away.
Inter-Club Games
These will be a series of games and tasks between participating clubs at both IMM / Mini 50 events. There will be trophies and prizes for the winning club.

Wildest Exhaust
This part will be held on the Saturday and the Sunday and is open to all visitors to the event. This will be divided into sections i.e. Classic Mini, Classic Minis with alterternative engine types, and BMW MINI.There will be trophies for the winners of each section.

I.C.E.
In car entertainment (loudest audio system). This will be held on the Saturday and the Sunday and a trophy will be awarded to the winner.

World Championship Rocker Cover Racing
We have been asked to include this in the weekend's entertainments by some Japanese Mini owners who are coming to the IMM and Mini 50 events, indeed the Rocker Cover Racing Championship is being sponsored by the Japanese Mini company JMSA. So now is your chance to compete for a world championship trophy.

Children's Entertainment
There will be lots of things to keep the children happy so Mum and Dad can get around to all the Mini traders and autojumble areas. This will include a Punch and Judy show, fire eater and juggler, games and apparatus to play on.

The Mechanic’s Challenge.
The Mechanic's Challenge is two simple workshop operations carried out with tools provided and timed, the fastest time for the two operations wins.
bomber01
Club Treasurer

Postby leyland » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:41 am

2 days to the event, Weather looks like it will improve over the next few days. Some of the members with children have gone off today, so safe motoring to all.

Leyland
Yes we can.
leyland
MCOI Founding Member

Postby leyland » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:44 am

swampette wrote:Best of luck to everyone travelling to this event!! Fingers crossed the weather will be lovely.... and should warn the hotel about Eugene's habit of smoking in the bedroom! Enjoy the event lads and make sure you take lots of pics!

Good point, Could be more than smoke in that bedroom to set off the alarm :1icon_colors: :1icon_colors:
Yes we can.
leyland
MCOI Founding Member

Postby bomber01 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:29 pm

Ooo... No he is not in that room .................poor Eugene.
:1icon_pale: :1icon_pale: :1icon_frown:
bomber01
Club Treasurer

Postby leyland » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:57 am

One day to go so hope everyone is ready for the trip. Club van was collected and prepared last night and all the extras loaded. Some members are heading for the Ferry port tonight and the remainder in the morning. Some are flying out tomorrow and some already there. Should have around 30 - 35 members at the events which is a very good performance from a young club like ourselves. Looking forward to meeting up at the event.

Leyland
Yes we can.
leyland
MCOI Founding Member

Postby bomber01 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:46 pm

some of the IMM Activities...

Activities IMM only
These activities are available only to visitors to the IMM, they are not open to Mini 50 visitors. These are still being finalised and are not listed in any particular order or on any particular day.

Opening Ceremony

The IMM Opening Ceremony will start with a parade of national flags, if you have any children who would like to carry their national flag please let us know.

Evening Entertainment
The acts appearing will be announced here as they are confirmed.
Sally Jaxx
Saturday 8th August
Roy Wood
Saturday 8th August
Quill
Sunday 9th August

Party Night

Sunday night is party night.
The fancy dress theme is 50 golden years which can be interpreted however you want, for example you can dress up to represent any decade in the last 50 years, or wear something in Gold.

Show & Shine
The IMM2009 Show & Shine Sponsored by Meguiar's. This will take place on the Saturday and will be a competition only for the visitors who are entrants to the IMM 2009.
Read more...

Glow Show

Organised by The Funkey Monkey Mini Club. Sponsored by Minimine.

Yard of Ale Drinking Contest
This again is self explanatory, again there will be prizes for ladies and gentlemen.
Read more...

Cavalcade into Birmingham
PLEASE NOTE THAT BOOKING OF PLACES FOR THE RUN WILL CLOSE ON 30 JULY (OR BEFORE IF FULL)
The cavalcade into Birmingham City centre will take place on the Sunday morning. Numbers will be limited so you will need to book your car in advance. Applications will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
bomber01
Club Treasurer

Postby inny1300 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:16 pm

Hi everyone,is any one back from the IMM yet,any photo's?,regard's jon :1icon_cool:
inny1300

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Club Events