Go to footer

BIG LAUNCH / XMAS PARTY .

Our forum for planning and announcing events - plenty of info here on finished events too. Keep an eye on this forum so you can have a great outing in your Mini with the rest of the Club!

Moderator: MiniMpi

Postby minipete » Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:19 pm

[IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j196/cooperspi/minipete.gif[/IMG]
minipete
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby minipete » Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:29 pm

minipete

Postby minidragon » Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:30 pm

:D well done again
Sinead
minidragon

Party Time.

Postby mini998s » Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:59 pm

To quote a certain, nakedly depicted, person " It's a seriously good evening".
To all those who had any hand, act or part in the weekend's organising please take a bow. From start to finish everything went like clockwork. To all who travelled from both near and far, thanks for being with us as without you there would be no fun. The friendship and comradery that is very evident is what makes events like this so worthwhile.

While we had only thoughts of "partying" a certain sense of reality was brought on us with the announcement that Ruth Catherine Christopher or "Ruthie" as she was better known as had died. Those of us who had the pleasure of meeting her will remember her as the bubbly, honest and sincere, fun-loving person she was. May she rest in peace. It was also rather poignant that Quack Quack Jack should be in our presence last night when we heard the sad news.

Looking forward to the future, the general format of the "Big Event for 2007" was announced and we hope to see all our friends, and more, back for what promises to be a fun-filled weekend of driving, socializing and relaxation, all rolled in to one. Remember the dates, Thursday 24th May to Sunday 27th May 2007. All Mini/MINI models and derivatives are welcome.

Again, many thanks to our organisers on a job, as always, well done.
Roll on May 2007.

Thanks to all,
Alex.
(MCOI, Secretary)
mini998s
Club Secretary

Postby minipete » Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:00 pm

minipete

Postby MiniMpi » Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:02 pm

Brilliant photo's as always Peter and Greg. :wink:
Great night was had by all I think and great credit to all those involved to bring it all together.
Fair play to all those who came from afar,N.Ireland and England etc. Thanks again guys ,ye were very welcome :wink:
Fergal.

P.S:Hope ye enjoyed yer MINI taxi's to the airport today :)
Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby AidenL » Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:50 pm

Not home long, made it in 6 hours this time :P

Thanks to all you guys for the great organisation and planning - it was a great night, the only downer was the news of poor Ruthie passing away.

I thought it weird as hell that I had Quack Quack Jack under my arm when I heard the news from Sham and Speeed 8O

Looking forward to the next event, just going to retire to the sofa now though :lol:
AidenL
Site Admin

Postby ONED » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:41 pm

Just home here now! 6.5hrs with a few stops along the way!
Feckin knackered :(

Another great weekend, with some legendry antics. Flippin sore here today, not sure if it was from the dancin or the laughing! :P

Will have to get me pics sorted.....(always keep sayin this) :roll:

Lookin forward to May07!!!!! :twisted:
ONED

Postby madbrummie » Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:03 pm

looks like i missed a corker (scuse the pun) i will be there in May.....

i'm sure Ruthie would have been proud of you all partying the night away :)
madbrummie

Postby Owen » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:03 am

If anyone has some photos of Ruthie, or some anecdotes, let me know - she'll be sorely missed. As Ger said, you'd be suprised just how international the MINI scene is when someone so far away is still so close to our hearts.

A BIG thank you to everyone who showed up on the night and supported the Club. I wish I could say I organised the event, but truth be told, it was down to the sterling, and selfless work of Alvin, Ger, Richard, Tom K, Alex, our press Team Pete and Greg, our gfx artist Jason for providing artwork dotted around the ball room, and a blast from the past Mick O' Shea our M.C. (I hope I haven't left anyone out, as I wasn't organising it, I don't know who was :oops: )

We've raised the bar for other Clubs to try and follow again. It was a great event. Once I drove into the event with herself, we were immediately confronted by the rotating spot lamps on the front of the Oriel House. It was like the opening scene from a 20th Century Fox movie, and we knew we were in for something special. I was so happy to be right, and am proud to be part of this Club, because this weekend, MINI and Mini drivers all sat together, relived times past, and made some new friends along the way.

And Ger the big tease that he is, has now given us something else to be excited about - our Flagship event of 2007, what's going to be the biggest event in MINI in Ireland! Hope you liked the Shirts Ger ;-)
Owen
Founding Member & Site Admin

Postby KPKalle » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:49 am

Newbie here :wink:

Many thanks to everyone at MINI Club of Ireland for a great time. Myself and Josefina were made so very welcome from the moment we got to Cork and into the limo until it was time to say goodbye. Good choice of hotel, fun party and such wonderful hosts. I think I need a week to recover now!!! :D :twisted:

I'll be trying to dig out some photos as soon as I can.

See you all again at the end of May? I hope we can pull it off :D :P

Karl
KPKalle
Just Joined!

Postby Speedd » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:19 pm

Hey Folks!

Thank you for a fantastic weekend and being such great hosts.

I had a superb time been one of the best MINI weekends I've been on 8)

Looking forward to seeing you folks back in May and hope to see some of you at the ball.

Keep the pics coming and I need to get acquainted with the forum now ;)

How do you say it again... THANKS A MILLION :lol: aka Anand
Speedd

Postby ONED » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:41 pm

did you just do that on your calculator? :wink: :P
ONED

Postby 1lightningd » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:54 pm

Speedd wrote:Hey Folks!

Thank you for a fantastic weekend and being such great hosts.

I had a superb time been one of the best MINI weekends I've been on 8)

Looking forward to seeing you folks back in May and hope to see some of you at the ball.

Keep the pics coming and I need to get acquainted with the forum now ;)

How do you say it again... THANKS A MILLION :lol: aka Anand

Hey Anand, welcome to the site.Glad you enjoyed the party and I hope we see more of you in this board. I bet the small lad was happy to have daddy back home yesterday. I here you are Kept going ringing all you family too sort out transfers too the C.B.
:lol: By the way have you the photos of the limo??????
1lightningd
MCOI Founding Member

Location: London. 2012 picking up a gold medal for Kazakhstan

Postby 1lightningd » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:37 pm

For anyone who doesn't know already we put on a stretch limo for our international guest's and it was some laugh. We'll try to get some pic's up soon. The driver was an absolute gentleman and a through professional. If anyone ever needs a limo for anything I can really recommend this guy. His name is David McCarthy from Fermoy. www.bianconilimos.com or ring him on 087 2461093. Very keen prices and a very nice modern Lincoln Towncar
100 stretch and a Merc. as well. Tell him that the Mini Club Of Ireland sent you and he will look after you. End of plug.
1lightningd
MCOI Founding Member

Location: London. 2012 picking up a gold medal for Kazakhstan

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Club Events