Go to footer

Halloween treasure hunt Nov 7th

Our forum for planning and announcing events - plenty of info here on finished events too. Keep an eye on this forum so you can have a great outing in your Mini with the rest of the Club!

Moderator: MiniMpi

Postby leyland » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:36 am

Hopefully the weather is going to improve for tonight and the treasure hunt. All ready with wellies packed just in case the organisers have us all over the country up to our necks in it. You never can tell what is envolved when these people get together. Should be good fun. Be sure not to miss this one as it never fails to deliver.

Leyland
Yes we can.
leyland
MCOI Founding Member

Postby MiniMpi » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:35 am

Another outstanding Treasure Hunt by the Mini Club of Ireland!! :)
I think everyone had a brilliant time tonight.
I had a great time i must say!
The scene in the woods was classic with everyone trying to find 'The Baddies' lol
The fancy dress part was won very well by Laura Ellis's team who really did a fab job!
THANKS to GER & Sarah for pulling this off tonight, many many hours and weekends went into this, loads of behind the scenes work and it was a great venue too at The Midelton Park hotel ;)

Ferg.
Last edited by MiniMpi on Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby irlmin » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:47 pm

What can I say , well I would just like to thank the people that turned out last night in spite of the weather for the annual night treasure hunt and especially the 'lunatics' that really pushed the boat out with the fancy dress costumes , it was good the rain stopped before we left on the 'hunt' itself and the winds just made the atmosphere really scary in the woods while looking for the scary movie characters . some of the answers would certainly raise some questions on what was exactly going on in some of the participants heads !!!!!!! but it was good to see everyone back in the Hotel with their answer sheets and the scavenge items also collected ---- except for the elusive 'Bulmers' beer mat,
I would like to congratulate Owen and Paul for a brilliant score and also the other prize winners Chris and Sinead in 2nd and Ryan and Ger Duffy in 3rd for 'ingenuity' . prize for the fancy dress went to Laura Ellis and her 'crew' it took some 'bottle' to drive from Carrigaline dressed like that and home again !!!!!!!!! , also Chris Blackham looked rather fetching in the ensemble He had put together for the evening !!!! lol lol , overall it was another resounding success , I would also like to thank Sarah , Fergal and Damien for making the organisation of this event a fun event in itself !! we had a lot of laughs over the preceding weeks while out and about on the recce's . watch out for some really 'interesting' photos from Peter of the nights 'events'. anyway just to say thanks again and We will keep doing it as long as you guys turn up to take part .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby oliver » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:35 pm

Great night. Thanks everyone.
oliver
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby swampette » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:08 pm

Just a quick message to say a super thanks to everyone who turned up for the treasure hunt on Saturday.... I know the weather was a bit crap.. but everyone seemed to have had a brilliant time. Hope everybody enjoyed it and also thanks to Ger, Ferg and my little bro, Damian, for helping to put it together!!
Sarah!
[IMG]http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz206/sarahedwardes/n752875704_7677792_196574.jpg[/IMG]
swampette
I'm spending far too much time here

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Club Events