Go to footer

A send off MINI run in celebrate the end of MINI's Birthday

Our forum for planning and announcing events - plenty of info here on finished events too. Keep an eye on this forum so you can have a great outing in your Mini with the rest of the Club!

Moderator: MiniMpi

Postby Colmquinnmini » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:47 pm

Hi Guys, we are Colm Quinn MINI in Athlone. We are thinking of planning a MINI run on either the 29 or 30th of December to give MINI a send off for its 50th birthday year. We are hoping to have the run go into as many counties as possible and we will have it organised from here. A few spot prizes from us and we want every MINI to have its own Monte Carlo style numbering on the sides of each car to make each MINI count. So I started this to ask if you guys would be interested in coming along with us? I was at the one at Morrisons which was fantastic and thought it would be nice for you guys to see the middle of the country and join us! We have pretty country scenery to :) I spoke to Owen from the MCOI and he said he would be there with bells on (think it’s because he would have them lying around after Christmas!!) All feedback appreciated
Colmquinnmini
Just Joined!

Postby irlmin » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:06 pm

Sounds good , I am sure there will be a good turnout of minis and MINIs for this , and if you need a hand with planning , roadbooks , etc etc just ask . Morrison's Charity run had 107 Minis and MINIs and it would be good to match this as a fitting send-off for the 50th . oh btw good to see another MINI dealer involved with the 'Club scene ' .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby Colmquinnmini » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:43 pm

Thanks for that, we are hoping to get as many MINI's and of course mini's as possible, think it will finish off Christmas nicely for everyone. Would you guys travel up from the capital :) V
Colmquinnmini
Just Joined!

Postby irlmin » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:36 pm

Of course we will , MCOI members will travel anywhere for a bit of mini / MINI fun , this year members were at MINI United where we were invited to have one of only 20 worldwide Club stands , IMM/Mini50 in UK as well as several shows in UK , runs in Yorkshire , trips to France / Germany all in Minis and MINIs so I think a run to Athlone should be ok even after the festive season .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby Step_7 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:41 pm

Might come down for this one myself - good time for a run! :)
Step_7
I'm spending far too much time here

Re: A send off MINI run in celebrate the end of MINI's Birthday

Postby Colmquinnmini » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:38 pm

Hi Guys, the date is confirmed for our run. Its on the 30th of December starting here in the garage at 11am. if you want to email me for further details and get the rest of the info its vicky@colmquinnmini.ie We would love you have you guys all up here to give MINI a 50th birthday send off in style and numbers. thanks again Vicky :)
Colmquinnmini
Just Joined!

Postby cwaterz121 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:52 pm

Hi guys i got all the details aboout the run

Colm Quinn Mystery Run in association with Westmeath and District Motor Club
Celebrating the end of the Mini 50th Anniversary Year

The event will be run on the 30th of December 2009. The event is based at Colm Quinn Mini, Glasson Raod, Athlone. Meeting at Colm Quinn Mini from 09.30 for registration and entry. The run will begin at 11.00 and cover a scenic route by the river Shannon, across the mountains and returning back to Colm Quinn Mini. There will be a lunch stop for soup and sandwiches on route. Vehicles must be back to Colm Quinn Mini by 16.30 in order to enter the Mystery Run Draw. All vehicles will require at least two occupants as a road book of the route will have to be followed in order to find the route and the answers to all the questions. There will be prizes provided by Colm Quinn Mini for the first three correct entries drawn from all the fully correct quiz answers. Questions are related to items on the route. There will also be prizes provided for the best presented Mini from each decade.

All entries will receive a commemorative rear window sticker for the event as well as door plate stickers for use on the day. This is promised to be a fun event for all car enthusiasts and entries are not restricted to Mini owners, all are welcome for a good day out. Entry fee is €20, which goes to raise funds for Westmeath and District Motor Club. Entries will entitle the driver of the vehicle to membership of the club for one year. Additional membership will be provided to any passengers at a reduced rate of €10 if requested. All new members to the club will be welcome.
cwaterz121
Just Joined!

Postby midas » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:04 pm

Hi if the roads thaw out in time I will go to this event. Is there anybody else thinking of going.
Paul :blob8:
midas
I'm becoming a MINI adict

Postby irlmin » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:53 pm

I think the dodgy roads are putting everyone off Paul , I hope it sorts itself before the track day .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby cwaterz121 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:38 pm

roads just driving. All roads ok. Hope will be a good da tomorrow. Hope to see alot of minis turn out.
cwaterz121
Just Joined!

Return to Board index

Return to Club Events