Go to footer

PADDIES DAY RUN

Our forum for planning and announcing events - plenty of info here on finished events too. Keep an eye on this forum so you can have a great outing in your Mini with the rest of the Club!

Moderator: MiniMpi

Re: PADDIES DAY RUN

Postby irlmin » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:15 pm

Good stuff Oliver , it should be a bit of fun .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby swampette » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:37 pm

HI mike.... looks like I'll be able to make this....plus my brothers are hoping to rent a cooper s for the day so there'll be two minis..fingers crossed!!
Sarah
[IMG]http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz206/sarahedwardes/n752875704_7677792_196574.jpg[/IMG]
swampette
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby Derfinn » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:02 am

Must crack out the buckets this evening!

Posted with TouchBB on my iPhone
Derfinn

Postby swampette » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:58 pm

Me too.... and must locate some balloons and stuff... Charles received a super douper wash last weekend but needs a touch up... the joys of country living huh!!! Can't wait to see you Derek!!
[IMG]http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz206/sarahedwardes/n752875704_7677792_196574.jpg[/IMG]
swampette

Postby leyland » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:19 am

Mike,
Sorry but will not make parades today as I have to attend a family event in Limerick, Hope the day works out well for all the events.

Leyland
Yes we can.
leyland
MCOI Founding Member

Postby Derfinn » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:53 pm

And back home........
The lady locked in the sat-nav has been rechristened Penelope, and she did a fantastic job getting me home!
I also played fuel-light Bingo, but chickened out when the range got to 30km (that is so not like me), plus I was in Port Laoise at that stage, and hadn't a clue where the next station was after that!

Big Thank You to Mike! Was good to meet you!

Was great to see everyone again....hope to see you all in April, but will definately see you all in May!

have a few photos, will pop them up later on.....
Derfinn

Postby madredhead » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:16 pm

well people thank ye all for joining me in my local parades. lets just say we wont be forgotten lol thank STIG lol. :blob6: plus to everyone who experienced the country lifestyle dats tractors in all. so thanks again and welcome to all new members .
this is mad mike ere
peace out.
p.s photos will be cumin shortly
BEWARE lol
:blob9:
madredhead
I'm becoming a MINI adict

Postby Owen » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:31 pm

Not home long, had to guide everyone through the mountains after the infallable Ger O'Leary took us down backroad after backroad leading into hospitals, factorys, but no macroom. Thank god the rest of ye followed :) Had to return my little MINI to Mum's house, and collect the Rover, and promptly tore the mudflap off the Rover taking it down off the kerb outside the garage. So another job for me to do at the weekend.

Mike, legendary day. Even if I was up at the crack of dawn charging batteries and washing my car, it was definitely worth it. The Newmarket Parade was good fun, the Kanturk better again, but I'm glad we kept Milstreet until last, it was a great long drive through the town, and the crowd seemed to appreciate it. Donated my tires to the local roads there, so did Chris Blackham, so if anyone has 17" tires they'd like to donate, I'm open for gifts!!

Lastly, we'd no official photographer today, as Pete wasn't there, and I was Stigged out. So everyone who took photos, please post them here, and I'll get them on a gallery on the front page asap. Thanks again Mike, and thanks to everyone who attended - especially our new members, Misstrixy - good to put a face to the name, and ginger spice in the Cooper Diesel, and especially thanks to Der for driving all the way down from Dublin, you're a lunatic :)
Owen
Founding Member & Site Admin

Postby oliver » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:39 am

Good to hear you all had a good day, I met up with you at Mallow but had to leave after that. Hope to see some photos soon.
oliver

Postby misstrixy » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:35 am

Hi All,
Great to be apart of the club, enjoyed my first run - even tho i had to leave early - will look forward to the next!! Thanks Mike for the organisation. Sarah
misstrixy
Just Joined!

Postby Sparkie » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:53 pm

Sounds like ye had a great day guys and girls !! :)
[img]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s231/Markies_pics/SR022606-1.jpg[/img]
Sparkie
I posted the 11111th Post!

Postby swampette » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:26 pm

Yes it was excellent fun...well done Mike... thanks a million for all your organisation. We had a blast... although driving back through the mountains in my temporary "S" was a little on the hairy side... thanks for navigating Kelly....(I guess someone had to show how to really drive an 'S'!!!)
That's some record though... 3 parades in the one day...and who said it couldn't be done!!!
A fantastic day out Mike..and thanks again! Was great to see some new members as well.... I hope ye guys are coming to MTI!!! You cannot miss it !
Sarah
swampette

Postby Derfinn » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:38 pm

I'm so ashamed....I only took 12 photos on Paddy's Day.

They are up on FB, and I will copy them across later (or possibly tomorrow.....!)
Derfinn

Postby Owen » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:15 pm

The event is now on our homepage, and the photos are in the Gallery. Well done again to Mike for organising a savage event.
Owen
Founding Member & Site Admin

Postby Derfinn » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:07 pm

Jesus.....I've yet to do the photos....

Love the ones that are there already.
Derfinn

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Club Events