Go to footer

Cork 100

Our forum for planning and announcing events - plenty of info here on finished events too. Keep an eye on this forum so you can have a great outing in your Mini with the rest of the Club!

Moderator: MiniMpi

Re: Cork 100

Postby leyland » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:00 pm

Just putting the finishing touches to the run last night. Sign- on will be at the Viaduct Bar between 10 am and 11 am on Sunday morning. The usual aids will be issued out in case you get lost along the route or need to stop. John has organised a little culture treat along the way which we hope you will enjoy and learn from. Looks like we will have Jim Skater from the States and Derek from the other Capital also with us so we are kooking forward to meeting them. Also a few new members will be coming for their first Mini Club Of Ireland run for this Cork 100. There will be breakfast for those who wish to order it and a lunch stop is arranged near the end of the run, these are as always optional. Please have enough fuel on board before the run starts and if you are a new member or interested in joining please make yourself known to us.
Looking forward to meeting you on the 25th

John & Richard
Yes we can.
leyland
MCOI Founding Member

Postby bomber01 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:04 pm

jimskater wrote:Is there a more specific address for the meet up? I may need to program the GPS

GPS N 51o .51.541
W 008 o. 31.627.
ELEV 16 MTS.
coming from Cork.
1) At Kinsale Roundabout take , third exit in the N28/SOUTH RING ROAD .
2) Go through Sarsfield road roundbout .
3) At Bandon road roundabout , take the first exit onto the bandon road/N71.
4) Continue to follow the N71and the Viaduct Inn is 1.5 km on the left side.
you can but see the Viaduct!! LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU ALL.

john
[IMG]http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc67/lancasterj/IMG_2173.jpg[/IMG]
bomber01
Club Treasurer

Postby jimskater » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:17 pm

See you tomorrow, John. You realize I'm passing on the Cork Cat Show to be there! :P
[img]http://www.mini2.com/galleries/data/754/gp_delivery_photos_mtts_227_sig_2_.jpg[/img]
jimskater
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby MiniMpi » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:30 am

Enjoy this great Mini Run everyone :)
Sadly I won't be there as I'm working.
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby dayosmini » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:51 am

hi lads just wondering roughly time wise would this run be as im thinking of bringing my smallie with me and dont know how long he would last thanks
damien
dayosmini
Just Joined!

Postby MiniMpi » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:12 am

[quote="dayosmini"]hi lads just wondering roughly time wise would this run be as im thinking of bringing my smallie with me and dont know how long he would last thanks
damien[/quote]

Richard said this earlier this week :

" It will have about 2 - 3 hrs driving with a 1 hr stop during the run. Arriving back into Cork at 4pm approx."
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby dayosmini » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:15 am

thanks for the reply jus saw the older post now how slow am i
dayosmini
Just Joined!

Postby jimskater » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:30 pm

Nice run today, some lovely roads and company.

Thanks John & Richard.

My photos from today (and the trip so far) are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jimskater/sets/72157627616776539/.

If that doesn't work, type flickr.com/jimskater into your web browser. The photos are in my stream & in the set labeled "Ireland 2011." I'll be updating the set as I travel.
[img]http://www.mini2.com/galleries/data/754/gp_delivery_photos_mtts_227_sig_2_.jpg[/img]
jimskater

Postby MiniMpi » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:32 pm

Glad you enjoyed it Jim :)
Looking forward to checking out the photo's shortly.
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby Derfinn » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:04 pm

What a great day yesterday.
Even the rain stopped once we got going.

Great to meet up with you guys again. Some great laughs, great roads, and educational as well.

Thanks a million Richard and John.
Derfinn

Postby dayosmini » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:26 pm

a thanks very much for a great day yesterday to john and richard a very enjoyable run and even the history lesson was very good it was my first mini run so i can gladly say i will be doing it again even my small fella enjoyed it not too sure did he enjoy the history a bit young for that yet but defo a great day out just had to cut it short at the celtic ross but time wise but will defo be better prepared next time

once again thanks very much john and richard
dayosmini
Just Joined!

Postby AdyP » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:26 am

Yep, very much appreciated Richard and John for organising the run, and also arranging for the moving statue to move as well!

Jim glad you came along for it, sorry you missed the cat show though, sounds like it would have been meeeooowvellous!

For all those who were snuggled up all warm in front of a fire, or the telly, or a burning telly...me and the young lad were still driving at 10pm. The last hour's drive in the Honda was a little slower than the bit in the JCW! ;)

See you all again soon!
AdyP

Postby bomber01 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:11 pm

A big thanks to all who came along for the "Cork 100" 2011 history run., Glad you all enjoyed it, and Well done Bluezed for
picking up on the moving staue , this was put in the notes to as a check as to who realy was following the roadbook or just the car in font , Richard and I had decided to give a prize for the first person on the run to pick up on it, so small gift on the way to you Adrian. Cats ... Honda ????

j
[IMG]http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc67/lancasterj/IMG_2173.jpg[/IMG]
bomber01
Club Treasurer

Postby leyland » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:02 pm

THANK YOU to everyone that came on the run. It was great to meet up again and enjoy your company and fun. Hopefully everyone enjoyed it and sorry if anyone got a bit left behind at times but that can be because of a road junction or stop and its hard to keep everyone together. Thats why we hand out a road book guide. Adrian that was a long day for yourselves, Derek and Charles so a special thank you for that. I hear there is planning of a run up yer way before the end of the year. Alvin really does know his history and showed us all up with the questions. Some really nice cars out on the day including the BRG and Karl on his mini driving debut. Great to see it.

See you again soon,
Richard
Yes we can.
leyland
MCOI Founding Member

Postby AdyP » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:31 am

bomber01 wrote:A big thanks to all who came along for the "Cork 100" 2011 history run., Glad you all enjoyed it, and Well done Bluezed for
picking up on the moving staue , this was put in the notes to as a check as to who realy was following the roadbook or just the car in font , Richard and I had decided to give a prize for the first person on the run to pick up on it, so small gift on the way to you Adrian. Cats ... Honda ????

j

Hi John

In that case send the prize to Ger, I cannot accept credit for that as he told me about the wandering statue first of all!

Had the "other" car at Charles place, so had to drive it home from there.

Cheers!

A
AdyP

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Club Events